Why Did You Get An XBox 360?

As everyone starts to worry about what Next Gen system they're going to get...

It never hurts to cast your mind back to why you bought a 360 in the first place.

For me it was so I could play "Oblivion".

What about the rest of you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I bought it mainly because it was the only new console out. Oblivion was the game I just happened to buy, don't regret that one bit

-

On another note, I don't see any reason why the PS4 thread needed to be deleted. It's not like new console announcements happen in a vacuum. PS4 is relevant to what MS have to show as well. Sony's gig will likely inform the kind of showing MS give to the next xbox.

Honestly? I bought an Xbox 360 because I owned an Xbox before it. Ask me why I got an Xbox and its simply because of Xbox live. Was and still is the best online console service. Admittedly it has become a bit bloated (film, facebook etc) however use it for what you want and dont worry about the rest. At its core Xbox live is exactly what I want and easily lives up to my expectations.

I was getting fed up being sat at a desk to play mp online games on my PC.

The specs looked good and COD4 ran like a dream that and the fact I could stream movies from my pc through my TV too.

Those were the days before Netflix though!

because the ps3 was delayed and i wanted to play saints row

Because for me Xbox has a much broader adult fan base as apposed to the Wii or Playsation. All you have to do is look at the exclusives we have had over Playstation and that tipped the balance in the end for me. Although this time round i am going to give the Playstation 4 some sersious consideration.

I picked up a 360 because I had an original Xbox and I had one of those because I felt at the time it was a step on from PC gaming for me (I was too cheap to have high-end PC gaming).

IRB

Pro evolution soccer and COD 2.

To play the new games, seeing them in HD.  Isn't it obvious?

Because I played Modern Warfare 4 at my cousins house and thought it was awesome.

I was walking through Woolworths, saw they had a bundle with Mass Effect and bought it.