Why can't xBox Live Customer Service Help???

I feel I was lied to by xbox. I called in after xbox Live debited my account for screen name xXLittleBootsXx and asked if they could cancel the account because I use another account JAARON81 I have not used xXLittleBootsXx that much. I thought I cancelled the auto renew on this account and only had it on JAARON81. JAARON81 was the only account that I wanted autorenew on. The agent I spoke with informed me that I could have a token issued for the 12 months I payed for on the xXLittleBootsXx account and transfer the token to JAARON81. This was not done now my both accounts expired. Now I can’t play xbox. At this point I don’t feel this is my falt. The agent said she could issue a token instead of a refund to prevent a disruption in service because the accounts had renewal dates that were days apart. Now they can’t reverse the refund and it is going to take up to 30 days for the refund and I am not paying for the account renewal till I get the refund because I don’t know if I am going to get one because I was lied to before. Can anyone help. I want to play my games on xbox Live.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Nobody here can help you with billing, you have to call phone support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I called them this is what the lady said to do... I asked her if she was sure and she said yes. I did not want to put this personal issue out there. At this point I do not care if I renew or not just want xBox to know how unhelpful support is so I have been calling them, and leaving feedback. Support is no help at all. If you want you can call them and ask where to submit a complaint and they direct you to leave feedback and to put it on here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry man, sometime support just sends people to the forums to make them go away.  Anything to do with billing has to be taken up with phone support as rhi said.  Its so you can verify you are who you clame to be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unless you get a "bad" agent, which happens because nothing is perfect, usually xbox support tries their best to fix billing issues but there are groud rules from Microsoft on what's refundable and what's not, and there are terms of use that you agree to when purchasing.  

I nor anybody I know with an xbox has ever had a biling issue.  It takes almost deliberate effort to hose up your billing acct, and the best way to accomplish that is to buy subsriptions with credit cards and ignore the Terms of Use (TOU) about what you're signing up for in addition to ignoring your account over periods of time and not updating payment methods when they change.  Xbox live does not auto-sense changes in your use or changes in your personal info.  You have to actively monitor your account and make updates so that everything stays as it should.

I also NEVER rely on a support agent to add or subtract ANYTHING from my account except for turning off auto renewal.  I would never have an agent add a subscription or sign me up for a prorated promotion.  Things happen with the best of intentions.  You need to manage your account better my friend and not lay it on others to manage.

Sorry this didn't help.

@RiskMgmt101 After calling them again xbox figured out 3 agents messed up the first one was the one that was logged into my account noting that she took the credit card off back in December of last year. She did not. So I guess there was no need for this new thing called auto-sense on my account as for me ignoring terms of use i did what I needed to xbox did not! My friend when you try to remove all the Credit cards from the xbox live account it will not let you. I could keep going but this is dumb. xbox fixed it. It just took me calling again.

Sorry this didn't help.