Why can't I remove Payment Methods??

So yeah. My credit card expired and I apparently raked up a debt for 2 months of Xbox Live. Which basically instead of automatically reverting my account to Silver on the first failed transaction, which is common sense, it apparently racked up the aforementioned 2 month bill. The thing that ticked me off was logging onto my Xbox today and finding out my membership was suspended. Which of course the ONLY way I can save my account from doom is adding a new payment method. 

So I add a Paypal account  thinking that it might actually differ from the credit card service and I pay my late fee. Now after that's done, I can't remove Paypal from my payment methods?? Whaat?? Who is operating Xbox Live memberships? I can't even cancel my membership entirely. Instead I get a "PAGE NOT FOUND". 

I honestly just want to use pre-paid cards. I don't want automatic renewal. I want to be able to actually control my account in some way. I'm not always going to be utilizing Xbox Live Gold every month and when I'm not I don't want to be paying for nothing. 

My biggest concern now though is going through this fiasco of somehow getting debt on my account again and then getting suspended all over again. Which is a GIANT scam practically forcing you into paying every month in fear of losing your account. I've already cancelled Microsoft Corporation from my Paypal account and god forbid they don't get their monthly payment.

There's absolutely no way am I going to call Support. As it is, I'm not in a good mood which should be apparent. The fact that they force you to call in is just another way of locking you down for money every month. Not everyone has the patience for being put on hold or talking to foreign handlers. I know once upon a time I was able to actually control my account with ease online. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Calling customer support is the only way to turn off automatic renewal or cancel your subscription in most places except where required by law. They tell you this, and that you need an active payment method on the account, in the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you signed up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.