Why can't I play online with a silver account?

On the psn I don't have to pay anything to play online yet on the 360 you want me to pay over £30 for 12 months.

Why is this and what are the advantages?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its always been this way. Depends if you feel the service is worth it. I do,therefore i pay.

Because the consumer is willing to pay it. I think Sony played it smart with their Plus service. If they went and made online play a premium feature there would have been uproar with their established playerbase

there is no difference in online play between the two,i use my ps3 for online play as i don`t see the point in paying for it on xbox with all the hackers and modders there are.

theres just as many on ps3 but its free so it doesn`t bother me as much.

I think Xbox live is well worth the money, Never played the ps3 online so can't really judge that!

That is a just a comparison of core features. XBL also boasts LastFM, Twitter, facebook and zune. PSN has it's own music app with access to artists on a Sony label, lovefilm and another film app that I forget the name of. The ps3 also has a shoddy browser.

I don't mind paying £40 a year to play online really but I do believe rrp could be lowered for a years sub.

PSN has facebook integration as well. I wouldn't say it 'boasts' Last FM support either. You have to pay for a Last FM account on top of a gold membership to allow internet radio streaming unless you live in the UK, Germany or US

Maybe boasts was the wrong word but as a comparison it works.

Xbox Live doesnt get hacked and then stays offline for  a month. what a terrible service, horrible console, poor servers, nasty menu system, long updates, no party chat. xbox live is worth it.

Everything the 360 has to offer is also free on any pc so it hardly boasts anything, its just M$ being greedy b@astards as per usual