Why are the forums so dead now.

Ages ago before the forums changed. I use to come on here and see that there is a new forum or post every time. I now come on here and its the same posts every time. Where have all the people gone?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

they've gone into hibernation till the forums stop with all the uh oh that shouldn't have happend, runtime errors, reply boxes disappearing, slow load times, posts being randomly deleted and any other number of issues that people are talking about.

-

i wish it were more alive but thems the breaks

1) Layout sucks for new users

2) Issues occur on a daily basis (Uh Oh message, Server in '/' application...etc)

3) No MS/ Xbox staff even use forums.xbox.com anymore (apart from the odd one or two Support people).

Yeh i prob guess once these glitches/errors get corrected then maybe we'll get most people back on here! Or these problems have prob p**d few people off on not to come back on often.........I got to agree with you OP, it isn't how it used to be.....

I remember back in the days where you have a problem ask a question and it would take it 5 minute for someone to reply. Nows you do it. It takes about 30 minutes to a hour before you get a reply. MS sort out your forums or your'll end up like game lol.

P.S I see what you mean about the reply box going. It just happened after this message.

Also, how difficult it is to find for new users. It would be interesting to find out who have come here since the redesign as new forum members, and those that have used the old forums.

Can't stand it here now. Too much hassle to log on clear browser cookies etc log in take 2 years to load up to find. I one else has managed to get online and threads are all the same as last time I log on every 3 days and it's still the same.

Its a shame because back in the day these forums used to rock!!

i am one of the newbies kind of i only started using these froms like 11 months ago

people dont leave because of error messages, all forums get them. They left because the moderators of the time banned Cherry Marmite, unfairly i may add that was just the first of many changes that started it all, he was famous & Infamous on here, all his fans just left, then banning game discussions then remodled the forum.

I think unbanning Cherry Marmite/Marmite you will see a rise in traffic again. He did reviews, sale forcasts/results, release lists etc etc. Vote him for Moderator!

The sad thing for me is that most of the problems with the forum now were pointed out during the beta phase, yet apart from some cosmetic improvements they've done very little to improve things.

-

Now it is possible that they have been working behind the scenes, doing stuff that we can't see. Yet the increase of error screens appearing would seem to suggest that if they are working behind the scenes they aren't doing a very good job of it.

-

I really can't see how Microsoft or Telligent can be happy with the state of the forum given how poorly it speaks to the quality of their work. I could perhaps understand if this was all happening inside the first month but for huge problems to still be happening almost a year later is shocking.

-

The old conspiracy theorist in me says they want people to leave the forum and head over to Facebook and Twitter. Then they can shut down the forum and claim it wasn't worth keeping up for the few people who remained.