Why are older 360's..

Why are older xbox 360's so expensive still? can't find a good deal anywhere for 115$ or less for a used un-banned console.

anyone know where i can get one in a good condition for about 100$ that isnt banned?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="xLGCx Poseidon"]Why are older xbox 360's so expensive still?[/quote]Why are you buying older 360 consoles?[quote]anyone know where i can get one in a good condition for about 100$ that isnt banned?[/quote]No one can answer that question. Microsoft has a tendency to ban in waves. Because a console is not banned now does not mean it will not be banned in the next wave.

because i dont have +150$ to shell out on a new console, also banning in waves? dafaq? since when? thought they only banned rule breakers and hacked/moded xbox 360's?

They do only ban hacked and modded 360s

[quote user="xLGCx Poseidon"]because i dont have +150$ to shell out on a new console,[/quote]Then go without.[quote]also banning in waves? dafaq? since when?[/quote]Since when they started banning consoles? Banning consoles when hacking is detected allows the hackers to determine when they've been caught. Banning in a wave means no one knows what hack triggered the ban.

...but didn't microsoft just release the arcade console brand new for 99 bucks? Granted it's only 4 gigs but can't you buy a separate hardrive when you're ready, aside from that you can plug in a usb flash drive up to 32 gigs last i heard.

transform

The issue with the 99.99 console is you must agree to two years of Xbox Live at 14.99 a month. GameStop does sell old 20GB pro model refurbs for 99.99 if you can find one but I wouldn't advise this unless you can get a good warranty since you are most likely getting somebody's repaired RRoD.

$15 x 24 mos = $360 :0  plus $99 = rip off.  

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

[/quote]

$250 plus $120 = $370.00    Leaves a difference of only $90.00. Hardly a "rip off" for a time period spanning 2 years.

Taking into account only $115.00 up front costs, as opposed to $310.00.

Yet by the time you pay it off, it's 9 year old technology. The cost of the consoles are a ripoff no matter how you look at it whether its the subscription based sku or the regular skus. Same goes for the 6+ year old PS3. The generation is almost over with.

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

[/quote]

$250 plus $120 = $370.00    Leaves a difference of only $90.00. Hardly a "rip off" for a time period spanning 2 years.

Taking into account only $115.00 up front costs, as opposed to $310.00.

[/quote]

Actually it is if they force you to a 2 yr agreement... Getting the regular one you're not forced to get xboxlive... And if you do you can easily pay for a month or 3 and that's it...don't tell me that person is missing out because i spent a good 2 yrs on a silver account and still enjoyed the games i played...nowadays i upgrade to gold through promotions and discounted rates at stores. (just got one for 40 bucks)... Still, he can find a used one that is unbanned, it's not like ALL used 360s have been banned, maybe people just upgraded and didn't feel like having 2.

transform