Why are different countries treat differently on Xbox Live?

Ok so this is something that bothers me a lot about Xbox Live. Xbox as we know is something that is a worldwide brand, and I was wondering why is it that people in the US and Canada are treated differently to the rest of the world.

For example, if you live in Canada and go to the "community" part of your dashboard and watch the video about Windows phone then your avatar will be given a free avatar prop. However, if you live in the EU you will not see this.

I don't think its fair really as we all joined Xbox in the same way and despite currency nothing else should change.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Licensing laws.

Ok but the Win 7 phone is on sale over here in the UK so it don't make sense......Also its the same for things like themes and gamer pics etc too.

Local and regional laws and licensing issues.

As well as licencing and local legilsation you also have local teams (with local budgets) running promotions.  This seems more appropriate to me then everything being run from the US.

Peace, Love and Games

I'm hopeful with all the changes coming about, especially the new dashboard, users will be able to get more out of Xbox, no matter where, when, what, why or how.