WHO'S WITH ME?

Ever since the release of the PS1 I have always bought a new console on release day, but with the new XBOX I have decieded to wait.  I must admit I dont like the sound of the rumours of always online and no used games.  When I first heard about always online I thought who cares i'm always online anyway so it doesn't matter.  That was until this weekend when my broadband went *** up and its still not back on now!  Besides there are still so many games I want to play on this gen I think I can wait a couple of years.  Anyone else of similar mind?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="HighlandRainbow"]

[quote user="FamilyGuyGary"]

They've probably lost quite a few customers just based on them. How can they not realise they're damaging their image. 

[/quote] Damaging their image where? Here? We are but a handful of loyal forumers. Nothing for Microsoft to be concerned about here.

[/quote]

Go to any gaming related site, I've not seen one person not mind about it and definitely not one person wanting it. By harming their image, I mean as a games console that people want to buy. The 360 was appealing despite its huge faults at the beginning of its cycle. Now towards the end they've stopped producing first party games for the most part, sold off or pissed off most companies that did create them and then focused on the casual market. The audience that will buy the console at launch, create a popularity for it, and then support it throughout the cycle are the ones they need to cater for. And those people do not want an always on connection.

If they think it being a media box will cut it they're wrong, you don't buy a mobile phone to use just as an alarm clock, similarly you wouldn't buy a games console as a central streaming device when a PC.laptop does it more efficiently. I just want to play games on it, not have to jump through hoops and then at the end have no games to play because of how a company treats developers and customers alike. 

[quote user="FamilyGuyGary"]

They've probably lost quite a few customers just based on them. How can they not realise they're damaging their image. 

[/quote] Damaging their image where? Here? We are but a handful of loyal forumers. Nothing for Microsoft to be concerned about here.

RE Revelations was a great game. What's up with the 360 version?

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

and yet I still stand by my original post as well. People are saying the same things in various threads now all on the same topic

-

Until MS reveal the next console and how it will work, making an knee jerk reaction based on rumours and speculations is just pointless.

[/quote]

Well we could talk about how Resident Evil Revelations might have launch problems on the 360 while the Wii U is getting an actually far better version seemingly. Is that a better new topic ?

and yet I still stand by my original post as well. People are saying the same things in various threads now all on the same topic

-

Until MS reveal the next console and how it will work, making an knee jerk reaction based on rumours and speculations is just pointless.

[/quote]

Who cares, this forum is more stale than the loaf of bread I forgot to throw out last week. Maybe we should create more threads so that if anyone from microsoft even visit their website they'll realise no one, the core audience that will uphold a console, want or are happy with the rumours.

And yeah, they're just rumours, but it's hardly a feature, they could at least say no this isn't true. They've probably lost quite a few customers just based on them. How can they not realise they're damaging their image. 

I'll wait until I know all the facts and what games are coming out for it before I'll make my decision. Also the little thing called money, which I don't have a lot of lol.

[quote user="Fenbops"]

IM WITH YOU!!!

[/quote]

Your enthusiasm won me over... COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bless......life goes on

probably not, but such is life....and life does go on...well, for some of us

[/quote]

Yes yes, I have no life apart from the Job, Mrs and kids etc..But coming from someone who still ives with mommy doesn't have a girlfriend and is unemployed if you're not on here you're twattering I take your comment as a compliment. I see you're still smarting from the fact I gave ya Whooping on Halo 4 about a month ago...

Anyway, I have a Taxi booked I'm off down pub hopefully in time to catch kick off for the game...Later petal..........

probably not, but such is life....and life does go on...well, for some of us