Who feels the Code of Conduct isn't enforced enough or issues taken seriously

I recently had a issue with a gamer tag, saying they enjoyed killing me, didn't like my nationality, my sexual orientation (which they guessed on), made illegal and false accuations about the memebers of my family on 4 different occiasions (would love to display gamertag of the person who attacked me and also the messages but they would be deleted I\m sure due to graphic language and content). I contacted Xbox Live Phone Support and said contact the online info to report the issue and make a player review and file a complaint online and it would be resolved. After feeling Xbox wasen't going to help or do much about this I contacted a local member of law enforcement in my area and they urged me to file a Police Report which I have. It's been Well over 15 days and still this gamertag is allowed to continue to play online and hurt more people on the service. This bulling issue has cost people their lives from people not being able to handle it and I would think xbox Live and Microsoft would take this issue more serious and would hope they don't wait till the media is reporting someone was bullied off xbox live took their own lives to finally maybe take issue. Also after watching the Youtube video explaining the Enforcement Team policy and how they conduct business (Which seemed to be more of a joke to them then a serious part of the business, my opinion) and searching Xbox Live Forms and blogs, seems like many people have issues and Xbox still won't protect people and actually enforce the Code of Conduct, I see atleast 10 gamertags that would be considered not right and 100's of gamers "Teabagging" gamers after killing them on their respective games which is agressive sexual act that is being just ignored by this Enforcement Team.

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my email and thatbradcoleman is my gamertag and I would encourage people to show their support, I am going to let my Xbox Live Gold Profile Expire and if people contact me I will send all your comments and emails in to Xbox/Microsoft when i return my console to them in protest of what from I can see by encouraging people to continue to bully and see how far they can bend and break the code of conduct and break laws on their service with from what I've seen not a single ban or suspension to people I've sent complaints about. I know for a fact that is someone is costing money by modding a Xbox 360 they're banned instantly but someone personally attacks someone they drag their feet and do nothing. I hope by reading this email they contact me and I'd gladly give them the info about my issue and ban these people and prove me wrong that someone cares and actually does the job of protecting its users by actually enforcing the code of conduct.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im half with you, and half against you..

Yes I do feel the code of conduct isnt enforced enough, but your story has alot of red flags..

Ive meet plenty of offensive jerks online...With soo many people online gaming its bound to happen, just as much as someone would cut you off in traffic, or pee on a public toilet seat..These people exsist, and your bound to encounter them. However the first issue I have with your story is the fact that this "bully" had a long, drawn out debate with you about your nationality, family life, and sexual orientation.... Thats rarely a 1 way conversation, which tells me, you were likely bickering back and forth... Of all the people Ive met online, those topics never come out of me..

Secondly why are you checking on this guys gamertag activity 15 days after the incident ? That sounds less like due diligence, and more like someone with an ax to grind.

And really - Teabagging an aggressive sexual act ? Thats where you totally lost me..Now I dont do it, and in fact I think its a stupid immature thing to do in games, but at that point I came to the conclusion that maybe your just far too sensitive to be involved in online gaming..Your playing a game where the objective is to kill others, and its the random person that decides to squat on your corpse that you have issue with ?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm going to agree with you about the CoC issue.

The Code of Conduct is indeed not enforced enough to the degree of what most of us would like. But think about it, I'm guessing that about half the immature gamers file false complaints against other gamers simply because they "don't like them" or want to "get back at them" for some dumb reason. So the moderators probably have alot to comb through to separate the legit ones from the false ones. So it might take a while for any action to take in-effect.

On the other hand I'm going to disagree with you on the "teabagging" issue. Honestly - an "agressive sexual act"? You're going to see that in almost any online multiplayer game, so I'd just get used to it. I'm going to agree with Booyang and say you're probably to sensitive to be playing online gaming.

Sorry this didn't help.

Want some wine to go with that cheese???? Go whine to mommy... geez when are people gonna grow a pair and turn the other cheek... Geez!!! Teabagging and agressive sexual act.. are you effing serious??? WOW!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe its the other way around......cheese to go with your wine, makes a little more sense lol TEABAG THAT!

Sorry this didn't help.

My opinion - I have publicly announed on my profile I'm ***. I don't care what people think. I read the CoC before writing my profile to make sure it's ok. It is.

Also, set your xbox to Friends Only under Privacy Settings. This way, if they are NOT on your friends list they CANNOT send you messages of any kind. Only friends can. My xbox is this way and I have had no issues what-so-ever. Makes gaming more enjoyable. And frankly, more quiet

Sorry this didn't help.

I enjoyed and thank you for the comments, i will agree that most fights are two sided but it was an unprovoked attack and no messages were sent to the gamertag by me. I have been contacted by Xbox Live and had some interesting comments and also has informed me that they will look into this issue and see no messages have been sent from my gamertag. Also for the "teabag" comments, comments and actions are outlined in the code of conduct, you can't decide to speak up on one issue then ignore the rest. It's like saying killing a human with a gun is wrong but using a knife is ok. Either follow all the rules and follow the rules you agreed too and is legally binding by signing up for Xbox Live or get off the service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok straight out the basket, GROW A PAIR. Your acting like some 5 year old rager. If you were the more mature one you'd mute and block, but no; you fought with the guy then called the police. Stop being such a hypocritical *** because back and forth fights on XBL ruins the game more than 1 dude yelling into his mic. You know how stupid you make YOURSELF look when you do *** like that? You called the cops over TEABAGGING! So excuse me if you wanna ***, fine but know that your not changing anything because your just being as a dumbass *** as that guy.

Sorry this didn't help.

Whoa, jeez. Take it easy on the guy.

And OP, change your outlook a little. The Internet is full of trolls and jerks - You have all the tools to ignore them and there's little else anybody can do about it, and Teabagging is Celebratory Crouching.

Sorry this didn't help.

Belive it or not MS does enforce CoC a lot.  They just don't go around annoucning it so it feels like nothing is being ton.  

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not the teabagging I reported to the police, it's the act of making fun of someones nationality, making illegal comments on my family and making *** slurs and comments. Which if any of you picked a paper or turned on the new would see that people have been bullied for being *** and it's lead to suicide and uneducated people like some of you to think it's ok and go further even some attacking people in public. Like if you support *** bashing and causing harm to peoples lives then I totally understand and I feel sorry for you. Also for all of you people who support teabagging I find it weird that you'd wanna pretend to do a act of placing someones balls in your mouth but whatever you like to do in private shouldn't be done on a online game when rules state sexual acts are not to be used.

Sorry this didn't help.