Who do I talk to if Customer Support can not help me?

My case has been closed and I need more answers. I went from customer service to the supervisor and they have sent me here because they could not answer my questions. I posted here what had happened and I did not get much help. Who else can I talk to at Xbox and how do I get in touch with them?

Everyone I talk to just can say sorry case is closed that is all I know.

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2018 Views 110 Applies to:

Tell us your problem, I am sure we all can help you. If not, you can go on Twitter.com/Xbox Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you have an unauthorized access case? Whats the issue ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well then no matter what the only people that can help you is xbox support if you are here to complain about the wait then maybe you should look into protecting yourself better

Like police investigations do take time depending on their case load

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is what I have done

Case Number 1157778042

My account was recently hacked and I have had some unauthorized purchases made on it. I opened the above case and it has been closed do to "violation of terms of use". I have been told that the account did not have a name on it so they could not verify who owned it. My credit card with my name on it was attached to this account I was making all the payments on the account so does that not mean that it is my account? I can answer any question about the account in detail if needed but I am unable to speak with anyone who can offer up any rational explanation. If you are required to enter a name on the account why is this not required to input one when you open the account? Plus you can change the name on the account at any time therefore anyone who has access to the account can change the name and make it there account. It does not seem to me that the investigation team did very much to try and verify the account, did they just see it had no name and case closed? Do an investigation look at the account my name is in the email attached to it, which is the same name on the credit card, call and ask me a question about the account.

As far as the unauthorized purchase I can try and stop them through my credit card. What sucks is I have a number of months left on the live account and now it is gone? What is happening with this time? Is Xbox just going to keep it? It is bad enough I have lost all game points and other things associated with my gamer tag but I can live without that as it is not that important to me but I do feel I have been let down by Xbox. Your system was compromised and I am having to pay for it.

I originally opened the case on 7/7/11 (1157559978) I called 4 days later to check on it and it had been closed, no one called me to tell me this I had to call. I then opened another case on 7/11/11 and was told I would be contacted in 7-10 days I was not contacted until 7/30/11. I was then told the case was closed to bad.

Now whenever I log into my account associated with my email I have lost my gamer tag, xbox live account and for some reason it is in the UK. I can not change this either.

What am I to do next just accept this lame excuse of the violation of terms of use over what I feel is a flaw in your system? I want to know what really took place? Why do I feel like I did something so terribly wrong? If this account does not belong to me who does it belong to? Who else is yelling and screaming about it besides me.

Sorry this didn't help.

There are a limited number of ways anyone can gain access to your account:

-you give out your personal information including e-mail and password (this is most commonly associated with people trying to obtain an illigitimate rank in a game without actually earning it)

-you are phished (this is common amongst the free ms points/generators that you see offered around the internet)

-you are socially engineered (this happens when a player engages another in seemingly senseless chit chat about their lives, but turns out to be a 20 question
session trying to gain your personal information so they can steal your account)

-you use an unsecure PC (typically you will want to have your encryption turned on if using wireless and be running a good anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-
malware program as well)

-you use the same e-mail address and password for your XBL account that you use for other websites/services (for maximum security you should be using an
e-mail address and password just for XBL that you do not use anywhere else)

-you thought it would be a good idea if your friends/family knew your log in information (you know, in case they want to play)

With all that said, when they do an Unauthorized Access Investigation they look at many factors to see if the account was indeed compromised, one of which being the IP address at the time of the incident. If the same IP address was used then that tells them there was no unauthorized access, meaning someone in your household used your account to make any purchases, wether it was a family member or a friend or your dog.

UAI's can take anywhere from 7-30 business days to complete depending on their case load. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the UAI then your only recourse would be to contact support and work with them on what to do next, if anything at all. Usually when they complete an investigation they will send an e-mail to the address associated with the account explaining the outcome of their findings. Check there.

Sorry this didn't help.

well 2 things first

because users can change their names including any unauthorized access users

and the fact of the matter is people can add and remove creditcards at anytime so a creditcard cannot be used as a peice of identification

they look at the account history and check for the first name on file and return the account to the original owner

actually a name is required on creation however if someone uses random characters its pretty hard

now with UAI cases they do check with the xbox live PET team

you might want to post with the original gamertag on the my account was suspended forums to see what the TOU violation was

Sorry this didn't help.

Ngocphi, the violation of TOU is the fact that no name was put on there, or a fictitious name was.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ngocphi, the violation of TOU is the fact that no name was put on there, or a fictitious name was.

they are still being violated they fried my gaming Pc as well free to play games known as FlyForSky"a private fly for fun server" as well as ElSword, DragonsNest even League Of Legends there using java scripting and  much more to steal accounts a and outsource the term is SUS Stolen Under SSL what they don't add is the T for ticket most of theses are traceable to a 1996 hash algorythem excuse the bad spelling in a bad mood made in 1996 sha-256 installed under 5 or 6 other ones being Starfield and Comodo security soultions can you say hidden MSI stealing stuff and buying up more thing that they can be my guest its has not gone well with me,trace the sha-256  and you'll find it invading everything and wifi crack don't help make this easier to deal with can you say piratebay 2 is being built all thanks to someone who made something in 1996 name on Facebook if you wanna see is Kakashi Siejuro

Sorry this didn't help.

they are still being violated they fried my gaming Pc as well free to play games known as FlyForSky"a private fly for fun server" as well as ElSword, DragonsNest even League Of Legends there using java scripting and  much more to steal accounts a and outsource the term is SUS Stolen Under SSL what they don't add is the T for ticket most of theses are traceable to a 1996 hash algorythem excuse the bad spelling in a bad mood made in 1996 sha-256 installed under 5 or 6 other ones being Starfield and Comodo security soultions can you say hidden MSI stealing stuff and buying up more thing that they can be my guest its has not gone well with me,trace the sha-256  and you'll find it invading everything and wifi crack don't help make this easier to deal with can you say piratebay 2 is being built all thanks to someone who made something in 1996 name on Facebook if you wanna see is Kakashi Siejuro

other gaming services you must use their own team to deal with it you do realize this is a 7 year old thread and it has been answered correctly years ago right?

If you have an xbox related issue pls make a new thread

But since it's not an xbox related issue post on the games website 

Sorry this didn't help.