White Sparkle Texture Problem

I can't be the only one who's had this problem, but I'm having no luck finding any other threads here on this forum or elsewhere.  I am having a graphics issue where certain textures have a white static-like sparkle.  I thought it was specific to Skyrim but I just got Forza 4 and it's doing exactly the same thing.  It is not the whole screen, just a couple textures at a time (like the roof of a house or the front and side of a car) while the rest of the screen looks perfect.  It isn't random because I can go do something else and come back and the same textures will sparkle.  The only clue I have is that in Skyrim, if I change the lighting in that environment (like if I make any house upgrades), it will change which surfaces sparkle, so I think it has something to do with lighting.  Anybody else see anything like this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Info - 360 slim, connected to 720p TV via HDMI.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Also, take a look at this: support.xbox.com/.../common-display-issues

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I agree with pyr0. If possible try a different hdmi cable to begin with.

However I have seen this problem before and it normally points to to a problem with the graphics chips in the console.

Hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Before immediatly thinking its a hardware issue, have you tried clearing your system cache and redownloading your profile? I would try those two things first before swapping out anything hardware related. If anything, try the SD cables that came with your xbox before purchasing a new HDMI cable to see if it does the same thing. If it does, it's either hardware related (internal) or its software related (clear cache, check for corrupt files, download profile).

You will need your MS account and PW to redownload your profile. I would recommend deleting before downloading, but I would test to make sure you can download the GT first so you don't end up with an error code and no GT to play on. If you are going to delete and redownload, make sure to select "PROFILE ONLY" and not "PROFILE WITH ITEMS" as you will delete all of your saved games and other downloaded content.

Hope this helps... message me if you have any other questions,

Justin

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks very much all.  I have tried different HDMI cables and different TVs (both 720p though), but have not tried using a different cable type or clearing the cache.  I will do that and see if that fixes it.  Either way I will revisit after I've tried it.

Thanks!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. Skyrim can have some texture problems when it is installed to hard drive because of "dynamic textures".

Try to play the games without instaling them to hdd and look if it will make some difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay folks, I tried clearing the cache and profile, and I tried using the composite video cable instead of HDMI, and the white texture sparkle is still there.  I have previously tried running Skyrim off disc vs. HDD and it makes no difference, plus this isn't limited to Skyrim.  Any other ideas, or should I start a repair request?

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest starting a repair request - over time the problem could get worse (also, back up your saves regularly on a USB stick!)

More info on how to start a repair can be found here:

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

Good luck! Hope you get that sorted. :)

L

Sorry this didn't help.