Which USB Hub to connect/charge Wireless Controllers

Hi Guys!

I'm lacking free USB ports on my old 360 and am looking to buy an USB hub.

Now I'm wondering what kind of Hub I 'd need ... Either a passive one which draws it's power from the console or an active one which I need to connect to power supply ...

What I would like the Hub to do is: ....

Being able to connect 1 wired Controller and connect 3 additional wireless controllers via recharge cable simultaniously ...

additionally it would be great if the wireless controllers would not only work but also recharge while being connected to the hub.

also the recharge functionality of the xbox should not be impaired. e.g.: when there is a controller to charge while i turn of the console the controller will continue charging until it's fully charged ... this should be working ^^

thanks for reading my post and also thanks to all those who answer :)

lg

Metaljesus

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Hello

Sorry you are having this issue.

At this time i do not believe that xbox 360 consoles are compatible with a usb hub.   But after some searching i did find out that there some hubs that are compatible with xbox 360 console that are after market and would work for your problem.    Just google <xbox 360 usb hubs> and you should get some results

But on the new slim xbox 360 consoles they have extra usb ports on them to prevent this from happening.

Thanks You

CAP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the hint.

Well, actually i'm not going to buy another xbox (slim edition) just because there are more ports.

I'll simply buy some cheap USB Hub und try ... thx

Sorry this didn't help.

It would probably be easier and cheaper for you to buy an xbox battery charger and spare batteries for your controllers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well ... I have read some tests about the Battery Charger and found out that it creates a humming sound or pheeping when it charges. since i have places my xbox in my bedroom i don't want to have those annoying sounds while i try to sleep. thus i would prefer a USB hub solution where i can directly charge my battery packs while they are still set into the controller.

and therefore my question - to keep it simple - would be:

should i buy an active or passive usb hub ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not entirely sure what tests those were but I can assure you that there is no humming or beeping.  I have 2 MS chargers and 5 battery packs and have yet to hear any sounds while they are charging.  Perhaps it was 3rd party hardware and not MS licensed hardware that was being tested.

Sorry this didn't help.

well, actually they weren't tests ... but user reviews and if there are - let's say - about 5 people only on amazon who claim that there is sound coming from the device and maybe others on some other online markets i better think twice about it.

also: i often have friends over to play together where we need all 4 controllers, since one of my controller is wired i have no usb slot left (with kinect and the wireless adapter attached to the xbox) ... i have the wireless adapter for about one week now and until now when all 4 controllers where in use none went out of energy ...

you see my dilemma ... even with a quick charger i won't be able to keep all 3 wired controllers running simultaniously ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Bought an Ultron Sedna USB HUB (link: www.amazon.de/.../B002USATOM) and it seems to work.

Funny thing though ... When i plugged the power source into my wall i heard a highfrequence sound ... seems that the power supply cable isn't well build ... hook up another power cable which seems to work fine. The first USB Slot (most upward slot) seems to draw it's power from the xbox while all other slots are charged by power supply. i connected everything, plugged my corded controller into the hub and pressed the Xbox Button on the controller ... nothing happened :( i turned on the console the old fashioned way and ... tada ! the controller connected to Slot 1 and worked properly. then i plugged a charge cable (with wireless controller) into usb slot 2 (on the hub) ... it turned on, connected as Controller 2 and started charging ...

all in all: works fine for me :D

Sorry this didn't help.