Which Slim Do you have Shiny or Dull?

is their any difference between the two? i heard there were shiny ones and i just got one and it has a dull look. any difference?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your talking about the matte black xbox look:

Regular look:

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

yes. which do you guys own and how come they changed the look of them? mine says it was manufactured 9/3/2011 will that tell you anything about the look of the xbox?

I presume they changed it due to a combination of the cost of having to maintain two different case lines and the complaints about scratching/dust on the glossy case.

The glossy case was made of very soft plastic that mared/scratched easily. You're better off with the matte finish.

I have the gloss console. The matte was for the 4GB, and the gloss was for the 250GB I believe.

[quote user="Mafivee"]The matte was for the 4GB, and the gloss was for the 250GB I believe.[/quote]"was" being the operative word. Going forward, standard editions are all matte.

Personally, I prefer the satin finish of the Reach and MW3 consoles.

Well I just purchased a new 250 slim and it came matte. The stores said they stopped making the gloss and they make the matte now for those scratching reasons

How do you guys know that going forward all consoles are matte finish? When did they do away with the glossy finish or stop making it? Also what is the line that runs throught the console it's almost like an indent? I looked at the back of my Xbox 250 slim and it said 9/3/2011 which it was obviously manufactured recently which is a good thing

Is the custom skyrim xbox Shiny or Flat.  Thats what I wanna know. With all the busy art on it I think it should be shiny.

[quote user="Cdawgx7"]

Well I just purchased a new 250 slim and it came matte. The stores said they stopped making the gloss and they make the matte now for those scratching reasons

[/quote]

Yep. Mine is full of scratches.

While mine is glossy, I have no real preference either way, since I either skin all of my consoles...

www.decalgirl.com/.../Xbox-360-S-Skins

Or house them in a Calibur 11 Vault, like the Nuclear Green one my slim is currently in...

calibur11.com/.../details.php