Which next gen console will you buy?

The main reason I bought the 360 is because it was the first of the "next gen" consoles to be released,  I paid over £400 on launch day for a 360 with king kong and some snowboarding game + 3 lousy dvd's because I was too impatient to wait for the ps3.  It was a silly decision looking back because the console spent more time with microsoft than myself due to faulty disc tray and RROD errors that occured.  This time I will not make the same mistake again and will wait a few months to see each consoles pro's and con's before making a decision.

Your thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If the recent rumours turn out to be true that the next Xbox will be announced at next years E3 with Timesplitters 4 as one of its games, then I'll get one on launch.

I think with the launch of the 360 slim Microsoft have learned their lession I hope, I haven't seen many posts of people saying their slim console has died, and I don't think Microsoft will want to lose money again to system faults. The RROD cost them about $1 - 2 billion I think.

None of them initially. I'll stick with PC gaming a bit and see which one gets the games I want to play.

Going off what both consoles offer now and what direction I think they are going id say id buy the PS4

All of them, simple :)

I'm going to think carefully before making an investment for the next generation. I'll probably won't get it until 1-2 years after release. Hopefully there won't be any hardware problems and there would likely be a price-drop.

Hoping the new xbox will be backward compatible too.

[quote user="BrianStorm46"]

Hoping the new xbox will be backward compatible too.

[/quote]

It will be backwards compatible to some extent. I mean it's safe to say that huge games such as Halo and Gears of War will be backwards compatible.

I've always liked the original Xbox, so I knew I'd get a 360 on launch.

Things are different now though, I had money to burn back then, not now sadly. But hopefully I will get the new Xbox and save up and get the PS4. Totally lost interest in Nintendo now, which is a shame.

If they carry on with this Kinect/Move/Wii stuff and keep on taking the ****, none.

Don`t `think i`m gonna bother,can`t really see what the next gen will have to offer me personaly,i`ll just pick up old 360 games out the bargain bin to satisfy my gaming needs.