Which laptop?

Help

I am looking for a laptop. Not sure what i should be looking for, have been to loads of shops but they all  just seem to want to sell me whatever they want.

What do i want from a laptop??? I want to be able to play X Box live, email, surf the net, possibly play PC Games and maybe look at World of Warcraft.

I don't want to pay a fortune as most of my timewill still be spent on the X Box but i'm not sure if a bog standard laptop will do the job.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

The link below is the same sort of spec apart from it has a 1GB dedicated graphics card. If you can spare the 4P obviously.

That laptop should be able to keep you going for a few years.

www.pcworld.co.uk/.../hp-pavilion-g6-1331ea-15-6-laptop-silver-11884802-pdt.html

Also go onto the Dell UK website (Link is below again!) and have a look at their laptops, They allow you to change what you get with it.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/laptops?~ck=mn

And again look at dells desktops as a desktop can be modified easily and will last you longer that a laptop.

And finally if all else fails go to this website below again and see what they have to offer. It may take you an hour or 2 to find your ideal laptop but the more you look the more you know what you want.

www.ebuyer.com/.../Laptops

If you have any questions about any laptops message me and Ill see what it looks like.

Just look for the highest number you can get on RAM, Processor and Graphics and you cant go wrong really.

Hello

Wow your fab!

I have been looking for one around £400-£500.

One in particular at John Lewis is a HP Pavilion DV6-6C04EA Laptop with a AMD Radeon HD7470M Discrete Class Graphics card.

I know there are better graphics cards around but as i have not actually owned a computer i'm not sure whether spending heaps of cash is worth it. I may end up just staying with my X Box games and just playing the odd one on X Box live.

Any help you can give would great!.

What is your price range on a laptop? £200-300 £300-400? If you provide that ill see what i can find for you. Your best bet for a deal is Dell and look at their current deals. Why do you want a laptop over a desktop pc?