Which is the best Tablet?

I'm looking to buy a tablet come this November for i can use along side my Xbox One, anyone know which Tablets or Brands are the best ones out there?

I'm guessing Smartglass is a free app you can download to any tablet, I'm new to the market so any information ya'll can give is greatly appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What budget do you have?

-

If money is no object then go for a Surface from Microsoft. Otherwise go for cheaper Android options.

-

Personally I use my Kindle Fire, flashed for a proper version of Android, and Smartglass works a treat on it.

ipad

If you are looking at cheaper Android options, I'd consider a Nexus 7 2nd gen that just came out in July.  I use surface with that and it works like a champ.

My budget is below $300. Are the Samsung tablet any good? im reading mixed reviews.

[quote user="NYJets1968"]

ipad

[/quote]I like the iPad mini, good sized tablet, but still over priced unfortunately (imo).

[quote user="eLbiChaN"]

My budget is below $300. Are the Samsung tablet any good? im reading mixed reviews.

[/quote]The Nexus 7 has gotten great reviews, both last year's model and this year's model.  I haven't messed with any of the other android tablets outside of the Kindle Fire HD.  The HD while has good specs, it's mainly for consuming any and all things Amazon and that's about it.  The Nexus 7 2nd gen (one that I have) is light, has great sound, and very fast.  Some people tend to not like how small it is, and usually opt for the larger Nexus 10.  They haven't released a 2nd gen of the 10 yet, that I am aware of.  Also the Nexus line is sort of babyed by Google so you get the latest and greatest Android releases.

The one you will use.   That's the best one.   GOOD LUCK!!!

Second or first gen Nexus 7. Love my Nexus 10 although I'm pretty sure I read that when Xbox One launches a newer version of smartglass is also going to come out so hard to judge current smartglass performance. I actually use my iPod touch most of the time since the current feature set works better on it.

ipad mini( I got  regular ipad works great and long battery life) is a good choice,  but actually I'd look at the  Android & apple apps and see which one has the apps your lookin for. if you like the mini since there coming out with a new one maybe they'll drop last years model $25.00

[quote user="NYJets1968"]

ipad mini( I got  regular ipad works great and long battery life) is a good choice,  but actually I'd look at the  Android & apple apps and see which one has the apps your lookin for. if you like the mini since there coming out with a new one maybe they'll drop last years model $25.00

[/quote]This is also something I hadn't considered.  Supposedly Apple is going to come out with a newer ipad mini before long and hopefully the 1st gen ones will come down to a better price point.