Which Game Series' Suprised You Most?

So, Ive, Over the last year, tried new game series' that I usually wouldn't bother with, and I've been pleasently suprised with most of them.

Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect,  Assassins Creed (Fav Of all Time) , Bioshock. All Great Series' That Im Glad Ive Played, What About You?

Cheers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

UFC Undisputed (least out of this gen anyway) thought it would be a cheap cash in on the fastest growing sport....but no i was wrong the games are awesome.

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

FIFA.

Because all the FIFA games were garbage before 09, I had stuck with the PES / ISS series which was always improving until the Xbox 360 came out.

EA then took notice, copied a load of stuff from PES and started to improve on it. Along with the official licences, it makes for a great football game.

[/quote]

This is pretty much what i was going to write Fifa 09 changed football gaming for me and being a PES fanboy at the time it REALLY surprised me. Havnt properly played a PES game since.

ME is another series that i was surprised by. Played the first one didnt like it, played the second one and loved it then went back and played the first one how it should be played and enjoyed it.

The LEGO series or perhaps the Tropico series has probably surprised me the most with how much fun I've had with them. Damn good games just to kick back and relax with.

Mass effect had saw the game for ages and thought it looked like it wouldn't deliver eventualy rented it and now I've completed it twice and mass effect once

[quote user="UnchargedTerror"]

So, Ive, Over the last year, tried new game series' that I usually wouldn't bother with, and I've been pleasently suprised with most of them.

Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect,  Assassins Creed (Fav Of all Time) , Bioshock. All Great Series' That Im Glad Ive Played, What About You?

Cheers

[/quote]The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword.

Gonna go for SKYRIM. I hate most RPG's I have ever played, with Fallout 3 being one of the most boring pieces of garbage I have ever had the displeasure of placing in my disc tray. However, SKYRIM just did it all right, and easily became my GOTY for 2011. RPG's done right, in my opinion.

Fallout 3, i bought it just because it was cheap and had never read or looked into the game.   Glad i did buy it because it's one of the best single player games ive played.

FIFA.

Because all the FIFA games were garbage before 09, I had stuck with the PES / ISS series which was always improving until the Xbox 360 came out.

EA then took notice, copied a load of stuff from PES and started to improve on it. Along with the official licences, it makes for a great football game.

Lego Series; brilliant fun for all ages.

I would have to say the Fallout series