Where's the online community gone?

As I see it, the days of people joining forums has passed. Why? I do not know. I do believe that this should not be the case. Forums are brilliant inventions, and there are loads out there, meeting new people of similar interest, discussing recent games, exchanging opinions. There's also my favourite part - Leagues and Tournaments, some with prizes, some for the sheer fun of it.

I urge you all to go out there onto the internet and join a site, because without you, the community forums cannot flourish! Get out there, guys and gals, and don't be afraid to start posts! No forum will turn down new posts :) (as long as they're clean!!)

Invite your friends along, too, and before you know it, these sites will be bustling with members, events, leagues, discussions! Oh, and they're also a good place to pick up some news on the latest games :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So what do you think of "Driver San Fransisco" then?

Buddy, you should have seen this place back in the day. Circa to 2011 this was one of the best Xbox forums.

I've haven't been here for a huge amount of time. I've been going on the forums for 2 and a half years and the first two years the forums always had active members frequently posting and it was a brilliant forum. Now due to many factors the forum has sadly declined but quite a few members have stayed on but it's often the regulars now. Not many newcomers come on here these days.

[quote user="Hoaxs"]

Buddy, you should have seen this place back in the day. Circa to 2011 this was one of the best Xbox forums.

[/quote]

Those were the days!

To be honest, if someone just sorted all the exisiting problems with this forum (formatting, unable to post with various browsers, needing to continually remove cookies), then maye the community would return.

i didn't use the forums before i started woking in kingson april 2011

Been using the forums since about 2004. Theyve never been worse. Even two revisions ago when we were still using html to style our posts it was better than this. The community has dwindled. Mods banned the best members over trivial stuff and the community just evaporated when they made the current dreadful changes as people are lucky to even find this place.

Then theres the fact that all the xbox staff would rather use that POS twitter, theres not much left for us here.

I think in general forums as a whole have been suffering due to the increase of the popularity of social networks. Not just these forums, but I have seen countless amount of gaming forums dwindle off since around 2008. Online communities have changed and people would rather engage in discussions now with their friends over any one of the popular social networks, or their friends of friends, and the friends of the friends of friends... so on, so forth...

The same applies for Gamertags, having been on the Xbox 360 since launch day, you used to be able to join any online game and would have quite a few friends requests, but again I would say from around 2008-ish it doesn't really happen anymore - people are keeping themselves to themselves or sitting on twitter, facebook, linkedin etc...

This place was great in 2008. There was like 20 new posts every minute. Now there's barely 20 posts a day. The whole forum is sh*t. It doesn't even allow you to format posts correctly. The posts in here just show that the paragraphs aren't working and it looks crap.

[quote user="SnailUK"]

To be honest, if someone just sorted all the exisiting problems with this forum (formatting, unable to post with various browsers, needing to continually remove cookies), then maye the community would return.

[/quote]

To be honest even before the forums were changed to what they are now it didn't seem as friendly as it use to, too many petty arguments that got out of hand, it seemed a very hostile place at times and in my opinion the change has made it no better.It's a real shame because these forums use to be a great place to visit, now it seems they are just dying a slow death.