Where's the link to downgrade my Gold Family Membership to the standard Gold Membership?

As the subject line above says, I wish to downgrade my account. I've looked in Manage Account, and the only discriminating option there is a link to renew the Family Membership.

As Xbox live in the UK is under UK law, you are legally obliged to offer the service to downgrade. Moreover; Trading Standards state that you are not obliged to sell a subscription upgrade without offering a subscription downgrade within the same sales area. (Sales area being your account management, payment options and renewal screen.)

So please offer me the link that Xbox live is legally obliged to display! If it has to be done by telephone, email or letter, then Microsoft ARE breaking the law (again).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

i'm looking for this too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well for one if you turn off autorenewal you downgrade automatically when the account expires

If you want to cancel the account that's different it is clearly stated you must call

I suggest you read the terms of use

Sorry this didn't help.

www.lawdit.co.uk/.../view_article.asp

i suggest you actually read the law

The Right To Cancel

Subject to certain exceptions (detailed below) consumers must be given a period of at least seven

working days within which they may withdraw from a contract without incurring a penalty. It is

important to note, however, that this period is extended if the seller fails to comply with its

information obligations under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, (the

‘Regulations’).

The exceptions referred to above are contracts for:

(a) the supply of services if the supplier has complied with its information or confirmation

obligations and the consumer has been told in writing or some other durable medium that he will

not be able to cancel the contract once performance has begun and performance of the contract has

in fact begun with the consumer's agreement before the end of the applicable cancellation period;

(b) the supply of goods or services, the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the

financial market which cannot be controlled by the supplier;

(c) the supply of goods made to the consumer's specifications or clearly personalised or which by

reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;

(d) the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by the

consumer;

(e) the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines; and

(f) gaming, betting or lottery services.

skyplayer and UK telegraph and gaming services are among these exceptions yet they still require you to call

so please call your support in your region

buying a subscription is a contract which you sign

Sorry this didn't help.