Where is the variety of games? Where is the feeling?

Bring back those memories Xbox! When you guys give your upcoming announcement of the new Xbox, please make sure to address the issue of bringing back a variety of games! I, along with many others, do appreciate the authentic graphics that is being delivered by the gaming industries; however, it isn't only about the graphics. Where is the variety of gaming (e.g. on-foot-racing, futuristic racing, adventure, action adventure, action, adventure racing, and many more)? Most importantly where are the intense stories?  Please make sure to address the gamers, and not just the social community. I'm sure many of us can relate. If you can grab the social community, along with the old gamers and new; then you are doing something right!

Anyone else feel free to list your games of memories if you choose to be specific. Disagree with what I say? Please address the issue with your reasons and why. I'm a 90's person, and I grew up with intense games. Somewhere down the line they started to fall apart. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They are still out there, they just aren't getting anywhere near as much attention as they should. I know there was an ad for a racing game on my dashboard a couple days ago. I  kind of know what you mean. I miss some of the old games like Jak and Daxter. SPeaking of that game, maybe I will pull out my PS2 and play through that game again.

Glad you can relate. I do appreciate some of  these games they brought to our attention, but they are missing something. For example, Far Cry 3, was an amazing game. As you said, "They are still out there, they just aren't getting anywhere near as much attention as they should." This is truly the issue. They are focusing too much on graphics, and little of the variety.

Take care man!

Microsoft got complacent, and arrogant. They lost the people who made the Xbox great, and turned their backs on IPs that many became an Xbox fan for.

I don't consider myself an Xbox fan any longer after the last half of 360's life on the market, and how horrible Microsoft handled it.    

OP. You may want to talk to devs/publishers on bring back variety in games. These days it is easier to just copy/paste the current high selling games than to actually come up with new concepts and stories.

Microsoft stopped caring about variety in the games they made, and started to milk their 4 most popular IPs to death this gen.

Just about every one of their top 4 IPs got worse... Thanks Microsoft.

[quote user="Mikewarrior"]

Microsoft stopped caring about variety in the games they made, and started to milk their 4 most popular IPs to death this gen.

Just about every one of their top 4 IPs got worse... Thanks Microsoft.

[/quote]

What the heck are you talking about? MS has variety in thier IPs. Banjo Kazooie, Forza, Fable, Halo, Kinect titles.

[quote user="T3ch Kn0ldgE"]

Bring back those memories Xbox! When you guys give your upcoming announcement of the new Xbox, please make sure to address the issue of bringing back a variety of games! I, along with many others, do appreciate the authentic graphics that is being delivered by the gaming industries; however, it isn't only about the graphics. Where is the variety of gaming (e.g. on-foot-racing, futuristic racing, adventure, action adventure, action, adventure racing, and many more)? Most importantly where are the intense stories?  Please make sure to address the gamers, and not just the social community. I'm sure many of us can relate. If you can grab the social community, along with the old gamers and new; then you are doing something right!

Anyone else feel free to list your games of memories if you choose to be specific. Disagree with what I say? Please address the issue with your reasons and why. I'm a 90's person, and I grew up with intense games. Somewhere down the line they started to fall apart. 

[/quote]

I thought Tomb Raider had a pretty intense story, that's an action adventure... the variety of games does exist, just have to look around. Remember Me is coming out this summer and it looks good.

There's still some awesome games out there amidst the generic and repetitive games. Even the 90's had a lot of garbage games : )

You should try playing other platforms, if you don't already. There are plenty of those niche genres still around, maybe a little fewer but they're still there. You just have to look around a bit as most of them games you only hear about are the critically acclaimed games and/or paid excessive amount of money on advertising. There are quite a few exclusives on the other platforms then Xbox at the moment, unfortunately.

Yep PS3 you should take a look @!

Thanks for the reply guys. I might have to get a Wii for those adventure type of games I guess. I'll keep looking!