Where is the money from the currency switch?

I was wondering where my money in my account was after the currency switch. I never used my credit card to buy points from Xbox live so do I need to add a credit card to the payment options before they'll show up or what?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I am also wondering this same thing.  I am not putting a credit card on file and for those who do not have credit cards and only have used the redeem code option should not be left out either.  I think there is a glitch in the system.  I cannot download a trial game for instance because it says there is not a valid form of payment on file.  I do have $16 on my account though as of this most recent update.  The info is just no where to be found.

Hi,

To be able to buy something, you need a valid payment method up to date (so Credit Card / Paypal ...).

If you still have MS Points card is still valid until further notice.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-payment-option

Regards,

Wishcatcher
Xbox Ambassador since 2013

Just click an item like your going to purchase it but do not purchase it and you'll see how much money will be added to your Microsoft Account.

Thanks, I figured it out on my own and came to post the solution when I saw you beat me to it :-)  thanks for the assist though.