Where is the Control Alt Delete Button

I am shocked that this system does not have the most used keys on the qwerty keyboard of all windows products.  I know that X1 needs a better way to get out of freezing than holding power button for 5 seconds. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 75 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your xbox is freezing a lot?  May have a defect  unit. I've had a game freeze but going to dashboard was fine have yet to have my x1 totally freeze been playing a lot since launch.

Different things have frozen up maybe 10 times since launch.  I did do a reset and was able to play the last few hours though.  If a reset fixes it I am thinking that it is not a hardware issue as much as a memory issue.  That would be crazy with an empty harddrive and only a 4 games downloaded.  The rest I have the disk.  I have had both downloaded games and disk games freeze differently.

My xbox is on all day and maybe that's the problem, but it is designed to be able to stay on all day when it had the TV input.  

Sounds like time to call support - I've been grinding my Xbox one since launch and not had a single lockup.

ya, I called them.  They taught me how to clear cache by holding power button for 5 seconds.  that does clear up things but not longer than 2 days I suppose.  Right now I am not willing to disconnect everything and send it back.  I waited all day in line for this one at the Microsoft Store.  The party was awesome, they know how to do launch parties.  My other two were from Best Buy, They have barely been played because my kids have more friends with 360 and are playing minecraft all the time.  

I really think xbox will fix all this.  I just post to hopefully speed them up and also so they know what is going on.  

The entire system freezes? I've had a couple of GAMES freeze, but the x1 still responds to "xbox go home" "xbox show menu" "quit" to end the frozen game.

I don't think I've cleared the cache since I've bought it. I just "xbox turn off" every night, which puts it in standby. I think it turned itself off completely once to install the update, but I haven't done it myself.

Have you tried closing the programs you aren't using? You can just highlight them on the dash, push the Start button (or whatever it's called these days - I don't understand changing the lingo) and choose quit.

Lt Nicholls.  No I have not tried that, thank you.  I will try that.  But to have to close programs when I only have so few going just did not even enter my mind that this would ever be needed.  I will try it next time it freezes though, thank you

I've been playing since Day One and have not had to manually reset/restart my xbox one... you may have a defective unit, unfortunately.

That "start" button is now called the "menu" button. What used to be the "back" button is now the "view" button. I hope that helps. =)

you should post this on the support forums they don't even read these ones.  If you haven't already :)