Where do I put password?

Im trying to set up wireless. I see my router but when I click on it a window pops up that says "test x,y,z" and then "configure settings. Then when I hit config settings it takes me to a window that says "basic or additional settings" Nowhere does it say "enter router password here" or anything like that. Can please someone give me a detailed walkthrough of what to do? Please dont say "click you router and then enter your password" I know to do that. What I dont know is "WHERE" do I go to enter router password

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Which version of the XBOX console do you have?  

As long as you are using a wireless adapter either built in to the slim or as an attachment to the older version you should be able to choose between wired or wireless under network settings if more than one type exists.  Otherwise it should autmatically pick up your wireless network.  If you choose that network it should let you further define the wireless network settings such as what type of encryption it is running.

I'm running wired otherwise I'd write you a step by step guide but will continue to help if you have not figured it out yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I snagged this for you off of Bing but would have written out much the same thing.

"

2.Turn on the console and navigate to the wireless settings screen. On the Xbox, the menu path is "Settings -> Network Settings -> Advanced -> Wireless -> Settings" On the Xbox 360, the menu path is "System -> Network Settings -> Edit Settings."

3.Set the SSID (network name) on the Xbox to match that of the wireless router. If your wireless router has enabled SSID broadcast, the SSID name should appear pre-selected on the Xbox display. Otherwise, select the "Specify Unlisted Network" option and enter the SSID there.

4.Specify "Infrastructure" as the Network Mode. (Infrastructure is the mode used by wireless routers.)

5.Set the Security Type to match that of the wireless router. If your router uses WPA encryption and the type of adapter connected to the Xbox does not support WPA, you will need to change your router settings to use WEP encryption instead.

Note that the standard Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter supports WPA while the standard Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter (MN-740) only supports WEP.

6.Save your settings and verify the network is functional."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.