Where can I purchase a replacement 175W PSU for my Xbox 360 Elite please?

Hello All,

When I returned from holiday I discovered my Xbox 360 would not turn on and displayed three red segments around the power button.  I have reviewed the forums and followed all the following troubleshooting steps:

The light on my power supply unit is red.

Check your power supply cables 
Turn off your console. Unplug the power supply from your console, and remove the power cord from the outlet and the other end of the power supply. Reattach the cables, making sure everything is plugged in nice and snug. Also, be sure you’re plugging directly into the wall, and not into a surge protector. Turn your console back on. If the light on the power supply is still red, continue to the next step.

Try a different outlet
Turn off your console. Unplug your power supply from the console and the wall outlet, and then take the power supply and console into another room. Don’t worry about the video cables for now. 

Plug the power supply into an outlet in the room, and then plug the power supply into the cable. Make sure everything is nice and snug, and then power on the console. (The console will flash four red lights, but only because the video cable isn’t attached, so don’t worry.) 

What color is the light on the power supply now? Is it green? If so, then the issue is with wall outlet, and not the power supply or console (be sure not to plug into that outlet until the outlet has been repaired, or until the power strip on the outlet has been replaced). 

Let your power supply cool down
Turn off your Xbox 360 console. Unplug the power supply from its outlet and from the console, and let the supply cool down for one hour. Once cooled, reattach the cable to the console and outlet, make sure everything is nice and snug, and turn the console back on. If the light on the power supply is still red, the power supply will need to be replaced.

However, the Power Supply light is still red so I need a replacement but can not seem to find a supplier anywhere in the United Kingdom.

Help Please!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 94 Applies to:

I forgot to mention that I registered this with Xbox support and they gave me this Service Request Number: [Mod Removed]

Then they sent me here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

https://myservice.xbox.com/

Register your console there. See if you can request an accessory. Because it's a phat console, then I'm not sure if you're going to get anything. That being said, eBay may have some replacements, but they're probably going to be third party/fake/cheap and you get what you pay for so be careful and read reviews if you choose to go that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

The price youll pay for a in good conditon one is nearly equal to a new system .... Goto Gamestop their 80$ refurb  white brick with warrentee 90$ for slim... Those power bricks even used are like 50$ in acceptable shape unless you get lucky.......

Sorry this didn't help.

Gamestop's warranty is trash. Not to mention Gamestop seems to refurbish their consoles will dollar store thermal paste that goes in a month. So, no. Don't waste your money. I know that a slim power brick from Microsoft is about 25 bucks. I'm not entirely sure what a phat PSU is.

Going on the site myself, I'm unable to order a replacement for my 360 Pro console. You're out of luck. Look on eBay or Amazon, and make sure you read the reviews.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Irixion,

I already tried the myservice website with no luck.  Microsoft Support said they do not support the Xbox 360 anymore so it looks like I'll have to try Ebay UK for a PSU.  The store that Warlock1489 mentioned does not exist in the UK.  We have Gamestation but they do not sell replacement PSUs,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Guys,

This may be useful for other people in the UK with an XBox 360 with 175W PSU.  Thanks to Irixion's advice, I found a seller on Ebay that is selling original Microsoft 175W PSU at a very reasonable price.

www.ebay.co.uk/.../351000875888

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers....Glad to hear it..... Out here in Usa you get nicked pretty for sure mate.... Unless ya get lucky....

Sorry this didn't help.

Beware, it may say 'Genuine', but 99% of the time it isn't. They only come with the console, or via replacement from Microsoft. Since MS doesn't give them out and you can't buy them with the console, the only ones left are random ones people have lying around, but most of the time they sell them with their RROD'd or broken console.

Sorry this didn't help.