Where can I find next level tech support?

So my friend has this 360 slim he bought off of ebay. Obviously that was his first mistake but that's neither here nor there.

His 360 was working fine until a few weeks ago when it started blinking red and green lights.

There is no audio or video.

It starts blinking as soon as it is turned on, so it isn't overheating.

I made sure all the cords were plugged in securely.

I have NOT opened the 360 and neither has my friend (nor have either one of us modded it in any way).

It looks like this...

ggg  ggg             then switches to                 rrrr  rrrr

rrrrr  rrrrr                                                       ggg  ggg

I called "tech support" but I quickly realized they are simply following a script and didn't actually know what to do when a legitimate problem comes along. I'm not upset by that, but I would like to know what the blinking lights mean and I would appreciate it if someone who actually fixes problems like these could help diagnose my problem and, maybe offer up a solution.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

See if this helps at all - support.xbox.com/.../flashinglights.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope. I knew about those errors. I'm looking for the "christmas tree" error

Sorry this didn't help.

It means there is an internal problem with the console and it requires a service/repair. Your friend can arrange that by phoning support for his region and it will be somewhere around $100 if the console is no longer covered by the warranty.

As far as I know this is the only course of action aside from purchasing a new unit. (But fingers crossed someone else will have some other advice)...

Sorry this didn't help.