Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

Where is Arcade and all arcade games??

Are you telling me Microsoft can't port over some old games which had low rez graphics?  Stuff like Street Fighter 3, all my arcade titles that were not very consuming I spent money on those can someone explain if I will be able to play them in future?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="FLESHMANZ"]

I spent money on those can someone explain if I will be able to play them in future?

[/quote]

Anytime you want, as long as you kept your 360.

The lack of backwards compatability was known months ago.

You should have done some research this was well known that nothing would carry over long before launch if it really matters to you go pick up another 360 if you traded your old one in

The problem with porting games over is, which do you port? I would say it has to be either all of them or none of them and porting all of them is a massively expensive exercise.

I'm also disappointed that there is no backwards compatibility in the Xbox One, as I'd have loved to carry my XBLA games over without having to keep a 360 around.

As for XBLA on the Xbox One, there is no longer a separate section for that. Games will be sold at a range of prices, so when the ID@Xbox platform is fully up and running and those games start hitting Xbox Live, there will be a whole bunch of XBLA-style games available.

Backwards compatibility isn't some simple process, it's been well known for a while now that the system is not backwards compatible. The 360 wasn't even fully backwards compatible, MS has to add games slowly to it, and even then, it took way too long and the time was better spent on moving the console forward, not compensating for the past.

It is a completely different system, it does not work like that, we all knew no games would port over back in February 2013, they maybe digital but that is where the simularities stop.

Why are people still moaning about this? It's been over a year now.

This is a new system with new architecture compared to the 360. Personally if I wanted to stick with last gen stuff, especially arcade, my 360 would still be plugged in and i'd be playing that instead. Wait for ID@Xbox to start getting games out the door. Don't forget the Xbox One wasn't released years ago.

Honest to god. http://i.imgur.com/qTilYFW.gif

www.theguardian.com/.../xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-prank-breaks-consoles-hack

well Flesh.. go ahead and try the "hack" then.. let us know how it goes for you

Thank u for pointing that out tohellnbak. Some people are still stupid enough to try it...

@ OP

"I knew about backwards compatabiloity and knew you wouldn't be able to play 360 games on xbox one."

Uh...?

You've answered your own question. Whether it's disc based or digital, those games were made for the 360's architecture. End of story.

The Xbox One was NEVER advertised to play 360 arcade games. You're twisting the rhetoric to suit yourself.

Take responsibility for your own assumptions and lack of research. Stop blaming everyone else. No-one has ripped you off, or cheated you. You got what you paid for.

I'm confused by the, "...only 7 games to download" comment.  There were more than 7 games at launch.  Does anyone know how many games have been released for the One?  I'd guesstimate it's around 30 by now.