Where are Achievements saved?

my internet got disconnected and im stuck with playing skryim for the next week and i got curious

Where are achievements (unlocked)saved? especially when playing offline

when connected to live, i believe they are saved to a server and dont take up any room on your xbox correct?

but offline, where are they saved? will they be transferred to the online server when i reconnect to xbl?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

your achievements are saved in your GPD witch is in your profile thats why you profile get bigger in memory

like i have 57240 Gamerscore and my profile is 27 MB and i have a profile with 0 Gamerscore and it is 140 KB

even if ur connected to live it saves to your profile?

i just realized something

i recovered my profile on a friends xbox and i go home and play offlien on mine without recovering my profile. i got some achievements. so when i recover my profile on my xbox will i still have these achievements?

if you unlocked  achievements online you achievements will stay on your profile online but if you go home and your not online and you dont need to recover your profile you achievements you got at you friends will be locked but if you recover you profile at home they should still be unlocked

if you unlock achievements offline and recover you profile on aother xbox online the achievements you unlocked offline will be locked the best way to get around this is to use a usb config the usb to your xbox and put your profile on it

Off track  - X-Men Origin: Wolverine is one game that is saved onto your gamer profile. You can never find the game saves on your HDD.

[quote user="Dr x Steve"]i recovered my profile on a friends xbox and i go home and play offlien on mine without recovering my profile. i got some achievements. so when i recover my profile on my xbox will i still have these achievements?[/quote]

Good question. It used to be that your offline achievements would be lost, because you recovered your profile to another console while your main console was offline, and the profile copy on your main console was no longer the "valid" one.

But since the console update in late 2012, we don't recover profiles any longer-- we download them. The profiles are much more resilient to usage on multiple consoles, as long as all the consoles in question have been updated recently-enough. But, I don't know for sure if this prevents all offline achievement loss.

Be sure to update the thread with what you experience when your console gets back online.