Whenever I start to play a game my xbox abruptly shuts down...

Not really all to sure why it is doing this but anytime I go to play a game I can through the menus and everything but as soon as I start to play my xbox just shuts itself off. Even my controller is left hanging like it's blinking for the connection that was just there. I've tried unplugging it and doing a hard reboot but so far nothing is working. I thought maybe at first it was just disc games but I just tried geometry wars and got about 2 secs of movement and it shut down on me which is way more than what I can get out of Gears now. Please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey Stolen,

the info you have provided suggests this may be an issue with your console's power supply. Please visit this page: support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on and work through solutions 4, 6 and 7. If none of those help, you may have to proceed to solution 8 and have the power supply replaced (instructions on how-to) are on the page above.

If possible, try to use another power supply (from a friend or family member) and see how that goes - this is the quickest way to determine if the issue lies with your console or power supply.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.