When Youtube comes to Xbox Live....

I tried watching Youtube on a rival console, but the video displayed is very grainy. When Youtube comes to Xbox Live, is it possible for the video to be displayed in 720p (if not 1080p)?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Nothing is known as of yet.

I think youtube may be coming to xbox. I noticed on MajorNelson's recently played games it said YouTube.

Well I guess it will be good i mean it will be totally epic but if you wont be able to post comments then it would suck a little and + I would love to watch my vids in HD so I hope you guys got tvs that dont have crappy screens if you want youtube or it wont be as fun as on the pc or laptop.

If the video has youtube then yes if not then of course it will be grainy on a huge television.

I would hope they will be in HD.  The reason why the PS3 has a crappy YouTube is because Sony has never updated their browser to support the latest versions of Flash.  YouTube on Xbox Live won't be on a browser and therefore shouldn't have that issue.  If it doesn't support HD playback it will be one very poor app.

it'll only be whatever the video is uploaded in.  Not every video on YouTube is HD,  some are only 240p/320p/480p.  If that's the case, it'll still be grainy

[quote user="SilentStryk09"]

it'll only be whatever the video is uploaded in.  Not every video on YouTube is HD,  some are only 240p/320p/480p.  If that's the case, it'll still be grainy[/quote]

That is very true. 

On the PS3 you don't even get the option. The last time I checked on my PS3, videos just play, there isn't an option to change the quality of the video like there is on a PC.  Heck, even my phone can play the HD videos, if the video I'm watching is in HD that is.

So as long as YouTube on the Xbox can play the videos in what ever the best format they were uploaded in, it will be a great app.  Otherwise I'm sticking with the PC.