When will Original (Dead) Gamertags be reset?

I have been waiting ages to get my old gamertag back that has not been online in 4 years. The gamertag is "Dodgers."

Could you guys help me out?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

This name may be in use by another MS Network service such as Zune. I would suggest adding a word to the beginning or end of this GT to make it your own. I hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="THE CHAMPlON"] that has not been online in 4 years[/quote]How did that profile play NBA11 four years ago? http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/Profile?Gamertag=Dodgers  

Here is the official stance on your question:

[quote]I can't change my Gamertag (GT).
Just because you can't friend request a GT doesn't mean it is available. First of all, all GT are tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. Also, spaces and capitalization are not considered when looking for available GTs. For example, "Major Nelson" is the same as "MajorNelson" is the same as "MaJoR nElSoN". Basically if the service says the GT isn't available, it isn't available.

I heard old GTs are being re-added. When will "This GT" be available?
There is no schedule or estimated dates for when certain GTs will become available again. GTs are not an on-demand service. They will be available when they are available. [/quote]http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/19165/121234.aspx#gt

Sorry this didn't help.

Will All Gamertags eventually be Freed up?  I wanted the Gamertag #Zoey# as its my name :) but its dead I think.. (Someone look at it and vertify this for me) I dunno how long it been like this. It has no score but has couple friends, all are dead but two. I texted one asking if he knew if the person still plays or how long it been dead. But the person not been on yet to reply. Hopefully they will.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please create a new thread to discuss your issue. The ones you are pulling up are from 2011. Thanks.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.