When will MS come clean about the hacking.

Seriously can you just come clean and tell us what caused this to happen???

Frankly this is ridiculous, I had separate emails and passwords for both my XBL and EA accounts, so why has this happened???

And for Pete's sake 25 days is a pathetic amount of time to investigate the issue, we all have the same problem, a patten like this should have resulted in an optimised investigation process, and I do not want to end up like the others who have had their account suspended for 4+ months.

And as for any customer support, well frankly its a joke, you need to get a grip and sort this issue out, the time for excuses is over, we want answers, and we want them now.

And can we for the love of all things holy get the FIFA 12 achievements removed from our account, I like the others would like my account back exactly the way it was before it was hacked, and frankly we should be getting an apology from MS, not excuses.

Lets get things clear, I personally have a PS3 sitting under my TV, its used mainly as a Blu-Ray player, but what format will the games we buy for Christmas be on, PS3 or Xbox, cause right now PS3 is gonna win unless you lot get your act together.

But what is the point in this, it will get ignored by MS and closed down.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I totally agree with you.  I too had a separate login and password for both my live id and my ea account.  I think it's absolute b.s. that they are taking their sweet time getting peoples accounts back to them.  It's really a shame that after 6 straight years as a member and hundreds of dollars spent on dlc that this is they way I and others get treated.

Main account that I'll probably have back some time in 2012

live.xbox.com/.../Profile

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We do apologize for the frustration cause by the Unauthorized Access process. I can understand it would be disappointing to not be able to access your account for up to 25 days. If someone has had their account suspended for 4+ months, we'd really like to hear about it, because that should not be happening. All investigations take 25 days, on average. Any longer and we can take a look into it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Plenty of reports on this forum and others of people with suspended accounts for over 4 months!!!

So come on what's the crack, when are you gonna come clean, and tell us where the weakness is so people can take action to protect themselves.

And seriously 25 days is a stupid amount of time considering the hacking pattern you should have streamlined the process by now.

So what's going on, please just come clean about it all, or people who have been hacked and ignored by MS will tell our friends and family and you could be looking at getting a bad reputation for security in no time and lost sales that go with that.

So can we get this sorted out, not when the mainstream media start asking questions (which can't be too much longer) but NOW!

Sorry this didn't help.

The new dash update is coming and will make Xbox's already super strong and mighty security even stronger and more manageable. Your account security is as strong as your E-mails. Xbox itself has not been hacked. Its microsoft. They give themselves a heart attack every year spending money on security. I can understand people getting frustrated if they do not know the proper channels to go through to have a UA resolved.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't heard a peep about what's going on either, I'm going to be calling in today, even though I know the phone support people aren't going to be able to tell me anything aside from "keep waiting."

You know what would be cool? At least send a damn E-mail out every once in a while to prove your actually looking at the reported accounts. I haven't received any correspondence since I reported the 80 dollar charge 2 weeks ago. If I did that to a customer at work, I wouldn't have a job.

Sorry this didn't help.

the ea    issue is on their end all ms can do is help return your account but ea will have to fix this soon

Sorry this didn't help.

for those talking about 4 months, 99% of those are from people that have had their accounts hacked, GTs moved to a different Live ID in another country....they're beyond complicated. Of course it's going to take a while.

While most of us don't really listen while the rep goes through their script, we really should learn how to actively listen. They tell you UP FRONT that it can be at least 21 days before you even hear anything.Should it take that long? probably not. Most other online companies can keep your account active while they investigate. For what ever reason behind the madness there may be....they need at least 25 days; and the people that actually bother to come on here AFTER the investigation to say thank you have all said 25-26 days in terms of how long it took.

In regards to them "coming clean" about what happened....No way in Hell they will do that. It's proprietary information and it would give the Hackers an idea of what they are looking at and give them a heads up to change their process to avoid being caught. We may not see it now,. it's frustrating, but it's all for our own good. I am in the same boat as you are and I'm on day 19 of my investigation. I've learned to be....patient....God I hate that word right about now but it's all that can be done. Ranting about going over to PS3 isn't going to speed things up. Go ahead, run to the PSN....considering what happened with them is even worse and can happen again. Then you can rant on their forums about how if they don't fix it you're going back to Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have been waiting a month for contact from UA team and my account wasnt region changed, for anyone in the same boat who wants to still get achievements (single player, split screen only) when you try and log on and get the account suspended message select change payments option and then cancel with the red button, you cant access friends list or play online games but any achievements you get will register a friend has confirmed this by looking at my profile from his xbox. The overall feeling i got from this whole experience is microsoft doesnt give two hoots about customers their just worried about losing money because i cancelled my CC straight away, im sure if i entered my new CC details it would let me play again, surely its up to microsoft to show us they are actively pursuing these criminals and punishing them because at the moment it seems to me the only people being punished are those who have been hacked.

Sorry this didn't help.

So how long do you have left on Live? I called and canceled my Live Account. Since my account is secured and everything changed with them, I then went in and removed all payment options. That removes the "suspension" and will give you your friends list within a couple days at the most, you just won't be able to get on any games with Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

oh, and no. It will not allow for you to enter in new cc details. You'll get an error message any time you try to access that. I've tried, doesn't work. How are they worried about losing money? If it's truly an UA, they lose the money anyway. What you're saying pretty much doesn't make any sense. (referring to von lucky here) You've been waiting a month? ok, thats not 25 business days as they stated to you if and when you opened the investigation. People are referring to others that have more complicated issues that have been going on for 4 months or more. Make sure you have all your facts straight before you come here and rant.

Sorry this didn't help.