When to Ship Xbox One's back as Defective...

I don't know if this is a common occurrence for All Launch Consoles or if my hardware is genuinely flawwed...

It started since I purchased the X1. The Console shuts itself off (hard boot) with no warnings or propts. I thought it was was Kinect somehow doing it. I detached the peripheral hoping that would make a difference... To no avail. It still randomly shuts down whenever it wants.

I now notice that it makes a buzzing sound through my sound bar when it shuts down. This has been happening for over a month.

Does this happen to any other X1 launch buyer? It's getting embarrassing when I invite my Sony friends over to brag about Killer Instinct only to have my console crash from booting it. Also, Garden Warfare doesn't start on first click. Must be clicked, closed via settings, clicked again and with luck, it eventually loads...

Does MS cover this or they aware of these flaws in Launch units?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I am now having the same problem.  Any word yet?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd send it back.  Random shutdowns shouldn't be happening.

It's pretty simple to perform a swap via the service center -- extremely simple if you let them do the credit card hold so you can keep your old system until the new arrives.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.