When Signing Up for Gold Membership, I can't complete the Billing Form because I don't live in a State/Province of America.

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up for Gold Membership and everything works, except when I come to entering my billing address and details I can't complete the form because I don't select a state/province - the reason being is that I live in England and so don't live in an American state. And even choosing a random state doesn't work because the billing address conflicts with the chosen state. There doesn't appear to be an option to choose what country I live in and so I don't understand how I'm meant to sign up. I've even tried changing my account region to the UK, but that doesn't work, I assume because I'm already in the UK.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:
Answer

Okay, I did some more digging.

After trying out the process myself on Microsoft Commerce Website (Essentially the web version), I came to the conclusion that the country set in your commerce info is incorrect.

If you can double check this for me, by following these steps:

1. Visit commerce.microsoft.com/.../PaymentInstrument
  2. Click "Add Payment Option"
  3. Notice the Country/Region option

If the option is unchangable, then that's a problem.
As stated in this knowledge base. Under the 'Change your billing account information', it notes that you are unable to change your region, and asks that you must create a new account for a new region

If that's the case, then we will need an official rep and hope they can change it for you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.