When I play online I lag but everything else is okay.

I have no problem connecting to xbox live but every time I go play a game online, I experience a lag. I have tested my connection to xbox live numerous times and it says I have good connection and that matchmaking is up. It does not matter what game it is either. But I have no problem with anything else that is connected to the internet. It only affects xbox live. I have turned of my router and turned it back on and that does not work. I have unplugged the wireless adaptor in the back of my xbox and plugged it back in and it still lags. It has been going on for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Greetings Eagl3sfan!
Before we begin, could you answer a few, but valuable, questions for us, so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

Please read: START HERE for connection troubleshooting! And post back in full detail (the bits in bold). Be sure to include any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so we don't post up solutions that you have already tried.

Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I live in California

My modem brand: Scientific Atlanta  I can not find the model number

My router brand: Cisco. I can not find the model number

I use a black external adapter

UPnP unknown

No NAT error

No error codes

Internet provider is Bright House network

w 0000-0021

X 0000-F001

Y 20A8-4840

Z 0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L 0015-10F0

Q 8007-0435

T wireless

D 209.18.47.61, 209.18.47.62

S WEP

C 11  

Sorry this didn't help.

It could that ur Xbox needs faster internet service ur modem might not be fast enough to provide u good connection to Xbox live in middle of games you should call your provider and ask how fast ur service is

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you visit Linksys webpage and make sure your router (model number resp. hardware revision number) is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware.

[quote user="Eagl3sfan69"]T wireless[/quote]If its possible, could you try connect your console with an Ethernet cable, instead of wireless, to see if there is any significant change, regarding latency/lag.

[quote user="Eagl3sfan69"]S WEP[/quote]You shouldn't use WEP as the security method to secure your wireless network (WLAN). Use the preferable method, WPA2-PSK with AES encryption as the method to secure your WLAN.

Post back and let us know how that goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.