When I open my disc tray, the disc is still spinning.

It just started happening within the past few days.
Other places I check all had the same answer "Don't open you disc tray while playing a game."
Though that should be obvious, and that's something I never do.
I always exit to dashboard then eject my disc and its still spinning.
On top of that, today I turned my 360 on then gave it a minute and opened the disc tray without doing anything else and the disc is still spinning.
As a result a relatively new game has been scratched up, though not enough to do any noticeable damage while playing. 
I've tried disc cleaners and such, ran it three times consecutively actually and it still does it.
This is also a new disc cleaner, the bristles on it are pretty much like new. 

So any ideas?

Over the course of history for owning a 360 I've had to exchange mine literally 7 times, this being the 8th if I have to send it in again for a trade in or to be fixed. 
Though this one lasted longer then any other one, if I'm not mistaken my given warrenty through xbox is expired.
Although I bought a 3 year warranty in 09 through Sqaure Trade warrnany's. 
I always went to best buy for warranty's since that's where I always got it from, but they changed there police to something ridiculous and went with SW. 
It doesn't expire until December.

So I'm wondering what the community here thinks my best bet would be with this issue..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

Hello,

Imo, your best bet would be to use the warranty that u bought, or Contact Xbox Support

you could also try clearing the cache  and removing the hdd and see if that helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When did you first this issue? Does it happen every time, or only certainly instances?

Sorry this didn't help.

@StoneyKing Oj:As far as clearing system cache I usually do that on a regular basis but not since this started happening.I don't see it playing any kind of role in this but it wouldn't kill me to try it. I really don't want to have to use the warranty unless I absolutely have to, though I guess I may absolutely have to if this thread doesn't work out...

@Miss Portia This issue started a week ago.

Since it first started, it happens every single time I open the disc tray with a disc in it. (Game,Music it doesn't discriminate)

Sorry this didn't help.

I just tried clearing the system cache and used a cleaning cd. The put in a game, didn't even go to play it just waited 5 minutes. It still spines the disc when opening the disc tray.I'll call xbox support and see if that gets me anywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is quite odd. I would definitely recommend a call to Phone Support to see if they can provide any guidance.

Sorry this didn't help.