When I first sign in, I can't connect to XBL. But when I test my connection, everything works.

I'll try to explain it a bit more: I use Auto Sign In, every time I sign in just after turning on my Xbox, I can't connect to Xbox Live and trying to connect warrants a near instant "You cannot connect, would you like to test your connection?" message. When I test it, every thing is running fine and I can sign in and be connected to XBL. It's not a huge deal, but it gets rather annoying. Is there anything I could do to prevent this? Thanks for any help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there ZigZag!
Of course you should be able to Auto Sign in to your profile. Try one or more of the following steps and hopefully it will resolve this issue.

Clear Xbox system cache 
Download your Xbox profile 

Reset network settings back to the defaults
Note Before you reset the Xbox 360 console’s network settings, make sure that you write down the current settings in case you have to restore them later.

Restar your network equipment

• Turn off your Xbox 360 console and all network hardware (for example, your modem and router).
  • Wait one minute.
  • Turn on your modem and wait for it to come back online (one more minute).
  • Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, the router), and wait another minute.

Hope this will help. Post back and let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Is your Xbox configured to have a static ip address or is it set to auto?

Also please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Sorry this didn't help.

Also make sure people are not downloading in your house or turn off bandwith consuming services as this can cause a xbox live sign in timeout wich you are most likely experiencing

Sorry this didn't help.