Whats that EA game on xbox

It was a new franchise, fps, didn't have a sequel, about a bounty hunter i think and you could use the wildlife and plants as ammo for your gun.

cant think of the name.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="OmegaRob3rt"]

First of all, EA didn't develop Mass Effect 2, they were just the publishers. Bioware had most of the say in the game's content.

And what customisation did they get rid of?

[/quote]

But you see they did Thomas.

EA didn't just publish "Mass Effect 2".

They bought Bioware and created EA Bioware who developed and produced "Mass Effect 2".

What customisation did they get rid of?

About 90% of it.

Did you actually play the first game?

They streamlined both "Mass Effect 2" and "Dragon Age 2" to make it accessible to more players.

It worked alright with "Mass Effect 2" because bringing your original "Mass Effect" Shephard into your new game is amazing.

However with "Dragon Age 2" you didn't have that emotional investment and saw the dumbed down streamlined version for what it was.

Az

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Even "Mass Effect 2" was a dumbed down game that threw all the customisation out the window.  If it hadn't been for the major innovation of allowing you to play through the game as your original "Mass Effect" character I doubt we would have been half as impressed.

[/quote]

First of all, EA didn't develop Mass Effect 2, they were just the publishers. Bioware had most of the say in the game's content.

And what customisation did they get rid of? The fact you could add gun and ammo powers to each weapon? That system was flawed because you'd end up with an inventory filled with old powers and weapons you didn't need, and it would take quite a while trying to convert them all to omni-gel. Besides, you could still use ammo powers when you wanted (and this was better because you could quickly change ammo power during a firefight to suit the enemy) and weapons could be upgraded via the Normandy. I also prefer the fact they have a few specific weapons over weapons that all look the same and might be slightly stronger than the last.

What else is there? The fact that there were loads of different pieces of armour you could change between in ME1? In ME2 you can customise what each piece of your armour does, and make it suit your play style. I think this is best.

[quote user="zfair899"]In a way I'd say the 'old' EA was a lot worse with how they acquired companies and ran them into the ground. Now when they acquire a company like Bioware you hardly ever hear the horror stories of before where companies were targeted particularly for their intellectual properties and then said IPs were milked to death.

-

In recent years EA have been publishing some genuinely innovative IPs. Skate being one of the best examples.

[/quote]

To their credit EA have helped games like "Alice: The Madness Returns", "Dante's Inferno", "Dead Space", "Skate" and "Shadows of the Damned" see the light of day.

However when they get their hands on a franchise they tend to kill it.  Look at "Shift 2" and "Dragon Age 2".

Even "Mass Effect 2" was a dumbed down game that threw all the customisation out the window.  If it hadn't been for the major innovation of allowing you to play through the game as your original "Mass Effect" character I doubt we would have been half as impressed.

Making an honest buck from a decent game has been replaced by making a buck by any means necessary.

The closer EA's involvement to a title the more the true innovation and creativity moves from the game to devising new and creative ways to get you to pay for a product you already own.

You can find positive things about stuff the do but it is far outweighed by the negative nowadays.  The only people defending them are those not bright enough to understand they are being taken advantage of and those who know full well but just want to play devil's advocate for the sake of argument.

Az

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

[quote user="sjholland87"]

Strangers wrath. He means the oddworld game. It just suddenly clicked

[/quote]

Back when EA focussed on producing good games instead of milking a dull witted public out of their cash.

Az

[/quote]

You know, the EA 'back then' wasn't much different in terms of output compared to now. We're only talking about 7 years ago or so. It's not like we didn't have endless revisions and roster updates of Tiger Woods and Fifa back then.

-

In a way I'd say the 'old' EA was a lot worse with how they acquired companies and ran them into the ground. Now when they acquire a company like Bioware you hardly ever hear the horror stories of before where companies were targeted particularly for their intellectual properties and then said IPs were milked to death.

-

In recent years EA have been publishing some genuinely innovative IPs. Skate being one of the best examples.

Waiting for the "It's in the bank" line...

I wouldn't say EA are milking now. Dead Space, Dante's Inferno and even the sports games are worth buying now. No longer are the yearly updates just squad updates.

Fifa 12 has been in development since fifa 10. Every other one is effectively a different game.

Strangers Wrath thats the one, i was thinking earlier that was a good original game, i wished they'd make a sequel.

[quote user="sjholland87"]

[/quote]

Back when EA focussed on producing good games instead of milking a dull witted public out of their cash.

Az