What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??

There appears to be so many people seriously hating on the Xbox One. It is really sad. It is an EXCELLENT console and was certainly my console of choice this generation. It is so innovative how you can do so much more than playing games on it, however it is definitely a true gamers console as well. I am not an xbox fanboy, I just love video games too much to have an alliance to just one company, and have since Atari 2600. I have had just about every console from the 2600 on to now. I do plan to get a Playstation 4 sometimes in the future, but when comparing the two before their release, I was like, "make mine the Xbox One!" When I first got my Day One edition Xbox One, I went on Amazon to check out the reviews and was shocked that there were so many 1 star reviews only to realize a lot of them are fake feedbacks from Sony fanboys to try and downplay the Xbox One. It appears even worse now. When I look at the Playstation 4 reviews there are not nearly as many 1 star ratings and I know Playstation is not that much better than Xbox One, it is only cheaper because Xbox includes the kinect which in my opinion is well worth the extra $100. People need to grow up and applaud the fact that there is healthy competition which makes it good for all involved. When there is no choice, (see the ea sports "madden' monopoly), the consumers always suffer. I do not regret my choice at all but I have no interest in downplaying the competition.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have been Microsoft for almost 10 years but the Xbox One Console is Garbage and the support people are ***

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's just the First Adopter Blues.  People who haven't been first adopters before or somehow dodged the bullet before are coming out of the woodwork and singing their woes.  And I feel for them, I really do, I personally am on my 3rd X1 since launch, which if nothing else, does attest to the fact that hey have a great program for exchanging them out since they are able to do so as fast as they have.

I have been a first adopter on every system since the PS2, and the worst offenders so far (respectfully) have been PS2 and Xbox 360.  In the first year of having a PS2 I exchanged my console 6 times and had maybe 1 month of actual playing time.  With the 360 I exchanged it out 8 times, but over the course of 4 years.  

People are under the impression that the X1 is just some sort of natural evolution of the 360, and it's not.  It's an all new hardware platform, all new hardware, and all new software.  So you have to understand that right off the bat, there are going to be lots of issues.  Issues that even the PS4 is having.  Both systems are sitting right at about a 6% failure rate right now.  It's really all part of the process.  There really is no better system.  PS4 has a slightly more stable OS but a higher hardware failure rate, as where X1 has a higher number of OS glitches but a lower failure rate on hardware.  Six of one and a half dozen of the other, imo.

Sorry this didn't help.

Because I have been waiting 7 weeks for them to ship my Xbox back.  And other people are having the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with this post!  Bunch of whiny, spoiled kids.  My Xbox is awesome!!!!  Love it!

Sorry this didn't help.

This should be posted in the Xbox One discussion forums here forums.xbox.com/.../3817.aspx  as this is a support forum

Sorry this didn't help.