What's the Best Xbox Controller?

Are all Xbox Controllers the same. Say for life span? I have only had my Xbox for two years now and I'm already going on my 4th controller. The first one The Left Analog wouldn't let me run when I press down on it. The Second one. The LB and RB stopped working. Now My last one. My creatures walk on their own. Do you know whats the longest life span controller out there? I'm not into getting any mad cats or anything like that. But if your a hardcore gamer and put Tons of time on your Controller. Please share the one you have been using. Thank for your Info and may we spend long time Gaming. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 47 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm using a regular black wireless controller and it's lasted me about 4 years now. The buttons don't sound quite like new, but it works perfectly well.

I only use first party controllers, although Microsoft's d-pad leaves a lot to be desired.

They are all mostly the same, the joysticks are just not made very well since the spring cage loses its memory fairly fast resulting in a stick that never wants to return to center. Been using the new silver one with the transforming D-pad and it has held up fairly well, but the potentiometer sticks are identical so just a matter of time before one stick stops returning to center. Have two white wireless ones that preceded it which lasted about 16 months a piece. Sucks MS won't let third party manufacturers make wireless controllers. There are a few I would buy if they were.

[quote user="Smiling Cat"]

They are all mostly the same, the joysticks are just not made very well since the spring cage loses its memory fairly fast resulting in a stick that never wants to return to center. Been using the new silver one with the transforming D-pad and it has held up fairly well, but the potentiometer sticks are identical so just a matter of time before one stick stops returning to center. Have two white wireless ones that preceded it which lasted about 16 months a piece. Sucks MS won't let third party manufacturers make wireless controllers. There are a few I would buy if they were.

[/quote]

I think that's what happen with mine. The one that walks on their own and the other that can't run. Sounds like the older they are, the better.

Microsoft Brand Xbox 360 Controllers.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Stock Xbox controller is the best one by far, I have tried many!

If you have some soldering skills you can repair it yourself.  There are a few videos on youtube letting you know how to repair the controller.

I really like the Razer Onza Pro. It works great except when playing BF:BC2 for some reason. It is wired and if you are using the headset with the 3 prongs sticking from the puck then you will have to find a new headset because it won't fit. I endded up buying MS's wireless one.

I ended up getting the new Gears of war 3 Controller. Saw it at the store and had to pick it up. Let's hope it last's longer then a month. ;)

I got sick of buying new Xbox 360 controllers due to wearing out the analog thumbsticks and buttons, so I splurged a litlle and got a Razer Onza TE and It has been reliable so far but it took awhile to adapt to the buttons, triggers and thumbsticks as well as the D Pad.