What's going on?

Hi,

A couple of days ago, I turned on my Xbox, it showed the white screen saying "Xbox" and then it would usually load your profile or Xbox LIVE profile. My background is a picture of Batman Arkham Asylum and I was waiting for that to appear. Loading took much longer. In the end I would get a message come up saying that my console needed to be updated. I clicked on the "Update" button and the message turned to "Not enough space on harddrive". I know for a fact that there is space on my HDD and the update only wanted 120MB, I however had over 100GB. Anyway, I turned off my console, turned it back on and a similar thing happened, slow loading then leading to updating the console. This time around I was able to go through with the update. After a few minutes the update had finished and I continued playing as usual. The next day when I turned on my console, a similar thing happened again. Slow loading and wanted me to update. I updated once more and continued playing. I'm slightly worried about this and am not sure if this is a fault leading to a repair or a fault with the Xbox LIVE system/network or what.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I shall add that at one point, I was in the middle of playing a game "Batman Arkham City" and I started experiencing some lagging and then it froze. I was able to do nothing but turn off the console. When I returned to the game, the game save I was playing on was gone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Clearing your system cache (games will require you to download their updates again) and clearing the update cache (you may be asked one more time to update the console) may solve your issue.
-
To clear your system cache:

• Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Storage or Memory.
  • Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  • Select Clear System Cache.
  • When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
-
To clear your update cache:
  • Turn your console off
  • Press and hold the consoles Sync button
  • Turn the console back on
  • Wait until the dashboard has loaded
  • Release the sync button
  • Turn the console off
  • Turn the console on
-
As for your Batman save it sounds most likely that your save file has been corrupted and on that note I advise that you delete all corrupted files from your consoles hard drive as they can sometimes cause issues.
-
To delete corrupted files:
  • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Storage or Memory.
  • Select your hard drive
  • Go through every folder and sub-folder and delete any files marked with a yellow triangle and a ! symbol
-
Let us know how this helps you.
Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.