What's better, xbox or xbox 360?

I kinda prefer the 360 graphics, sound, games, and xbox live.

I prefer xbox original for the games and MS's dedication for the hardcore gamer.

What do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I say Xbox 360. Better graphics, better social and apps.

-

I rarely played the original Xbox though. I was more PS2 back then, LOL.

Xbox 360 all the way. I did love my original Xbox though,

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Though I put a lot of time and money into the original Xbox, it's really no contest. The 360 superseded the original in every possible way.

I don't see how the original Xbox had more "hardcore" games, either.

I vote for the original. There was so much more originality and innovation going on. While the 360 might be more powerful, you are stuck playing mostly multiplats that could have been so much better if developed as exclusives.

It's also interesting to see how much negativity there really is towards the Xbox 360 console. Last gen, most of the negativity was brought on by Sony fanboys trolling these boards. This gen it's mostly by Xbox 360 owners. That has to mean something. Don't you think?

No...it's still mostly Sony fanbois, to note how many of those complaints are within a "Sony and PSN is soooo much better" rant.

It's also no more negative than the Playstation, or STEAM, forums. Or any other damn gaming forum, for that matter. I think negativity and a false sense of entitlement has grown to become inherent in the gamer's psyche.

The original was just a beta console. It's MS way of testing the waters

The 360 is better technically, but looking strictly at the game libraries, the original Xbox blows it away.

I'm in complete agreement with Murderstyle75's above post. I'm a 360 owner, and as far as the games are concerned, I am far less than impressed.

I had the most fun on the original Xbox.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]I vote for the original. There was so much more originality and innovation going on. While the 360 might be more powerful, you are stuck playing mostly multiplats that could have been so much better if developed as exclusives.[/quote]I see nostaliga has left you with rose-colored glasses. :-)

There were 990 XBOX titles according to Wikipedia (copy and paste the list into Excel, it's 990 not 968). 133 were actual exclusives. Another 66 were console exclusives. There rest were multi-platform.[quote]That has to mean something. Don't you think?[/quote]Nah. It's usually a vocal minority that has issues. There's also a much larger installed userbase compared to last generation.

I prefer the original XBOX to the 360 for its longevity, but not for most of its titles. As a PC gamer the original XBOX left a lot to be desired graphically - all of the sixth generation entries did. I was playing games in higher resolutions with better controls on the PC before the XBOX was launched. The 360 with its 720p or bust mentality has mitigated a lot of the "eww, no!" graphics from the sixth generation consoles. My standards are low enough that 720p is "good enough" for me not to care when sitting in a comfy chair. 480p? Not so much.

I liked Original Xbox more. That system has some games that were amazingly balanced online.