What's a "Free Member"?

I am due to renew my XBL this month, and have held off until my birthday on the 21st. I was prompted to renew when I signed in today (even though I am sure I have a few days left) anyways, despite this I managed to get online, see all my friends, play fifa 13 online, so on and so forth, no change. Yet my account status is "free member"...so what does this mean exactly?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks guys, sorry about the late reply and bringing this up now. The next day it expired and i couldn't access XBL online features on any games. Weird how it said i was silver but allowed me to play for that day though. Nonetheless, will probably upgrade again soon, when I have enough money.

Lot of members flying about in here. Oh, matron!

Just to clarify, its a silver member!!

Free member is like taking the pill that makes everything a reality in the world of Xbox. Sure they won't try to find you, but neither do you get day one demos or gold deals. Plus as a free member you have to eat porridge for every meal and shave your head.

And me.

It means you're a silver tramp like me.

As above, free member is silver member. Just in case you hadn't read it the first few times :o

As above, Free Member is Silver level....when you were prompted to renew it was probably because your account moved over to Silver, as it is now, and the prompt was triggered by this switch

He looks pretty silver to me!

Actually, I'm pretty sure it just reminds you on the first of the month its due to expire.