What Xbox Live Gold card do I buy?

Hey guys!

I was planning on buying an Xbox this friday, and I want to buy some Live Gold too. But, in the store where I am going to buy my new Xbox, they have 2 options for Xbox Live Gold subscription. They have a US Subcription card, and a Chilean one (Im from Chile, by the way). Now, Im not really sure which one Im supposed to buy. According to my profile, Im from the US. My account is kind of old so when I made it I had to set my location to United States in order to play online. Problem is, a friend of mine has an Xbox and he had an american account, until he had to change his location to Chile in order to redeem a Microsoft Points card he had bought here. After he changed his location to Chile, he realised the HUGE mistake he had made, as the Chilean marketplace has only about half of the stuff that the american marketplace has. Theres my problem. Im not really sure what my location is my account set to, but I hope its set to the US. And if its not, can you guys please help me and tell me how to change it so its set to the US? I really want to have a full marketplace, rather than the one my friend now has to put up with.

Thanks in advance,

Al.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Gold cards are not region locked so it does not matter.  MS Points are region locked so would need to be associated with the same country as your gamertag

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I know Gold cards arent region locked. Thats why my mate could use an american Gold card. But then, I still have to choose between the american gold card and the chilean one. I can use both, but I would need to change my profiles country somehow. Would you mind telling me what country my profile is set to? For some reason I cant see it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the cards are not region locked, then you don't have to change your region to use them. You can purchase either card and they will work.

If you still want to see what region your account is set to, sign into https://billing.microsoft.com and check your personal information.

Sorry this didn't help.