What would you recommend me?

OK, So we have the release of long awaited game called Duke Nukem Forever which was 12 years in development. And also the game Red Faction Amargeddon, I loved Red faction Guerrila back 2 years ago, loved the destructible buildings. I can't really decide what to buy......

I am only gonna buy one game out of the two for the time being, so dont say both.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

www.eurogamer.net/.../2011-06-12-duke-nukem-forever-review

Read that. There really is no choice.

I'd ignore a lot of the reviews on Duke tbh.

It has retro graphics and retro gameplay. Stand it up against any modern FPS and you will say the modern FPS is better in terms of everything. But, Duke Forever is fun.

It doesn't look great, its very similar to Duke 3D. But its so much fun. It's an old school FPS released in a modern age, and a lot of people aren't getting that.
It plays well impo.

A lot of the reviews? You mean all the reviews?

I played the demo for it so I can't say for sure but I disliked it. Hugely. The weapons have no weight behind them, you just kinda shoot and then eventually they fall down, no sense of when or that your doing damage. Duke probably shouda stayed dead

[quote user="VinceVega GB"]

A lot of the reviews? You mean all the reviews?

[/quote]

For "Duke" yes.

Graphics are fine and everything looks like it did in the trailers so if you were happy with those you should be happy with the way the game looks.

It's a really funny and entertaining game to play but it's hard sometimes and that can be frustrating.

It would seem a lot of people, myself included, were more inclined to suggest there was something wrong with the actual game rather than recognise a personal lack of skill.

"Duke" doesn't play itself.  It doesn't have the same level of Aim Assist found in games like "Call of Duty".

Loading times are long but that's the only real issue with this game.

Az

Was the demo for multiplayer? If so, I agree, it sucks. MP is actually Duke 3D's mp.

The single player on the other hand is totally different, the weapons are totally different and do have a feel to them.

There was another thread regarding this same subject?  I've played both this weekend, and will say the following:

-Duke Nukem: retro shooter gameplay, with long(ish) loading, average graphics, but a lot of fun!!  

-Red Faction Armageddon: good campaign marred by the fact that it can be slightly monotonous at one or two moments.  Ace multiplayer modes however, and the gameplay, for the most part, is addictive.

If it was me I'd go for Red Faction, but thats only because I've had more fun with it.  Duke Nukem is good as well.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

For "Duke" yes.

Graphics are fine and everything looks like it did in the trailers so if you were happy with those you should be happy with the way the game looks.

It's a really funny and entertaining game to play but it's hard sometimes and that can be frustrating.

It would seem a lot of people, myself included, were more inclined to suggest there was something wrong with the actual game rather than recognise a personal lack of skill.

"Duke" doesn't play itself.  It doesn't have the same level of Aim Assist found in games like "Call of Duty".

Loading times are long but that's the only real issue with this game.

Az

[/quote]

Wow you talk some rubbish. The graphics are fine? Nope. The gamplay is as good as the graphics. It's twitchy and rubbish.

Personal lack of skill lol.. oh lordy. The game is terrible. 

I wouldn't buy either of the two games - at least not new, anyway. I really enjoyed Red Faction: Guerrilla, but Armageddon will plummet in price I imagine. Duke Nukem: Forever looks like an extremely entertaining game with a very short lifespan, so I can see the prices asked for both going down very quickly. I definitely want a copy of Duke Nukem though, because I think I could have a blast with some of the gameplay elements. The whole layer of interactivity with the world is something I rarely get to enjoy in games, but Duke seems to have covered that quite well. Duke Nukem does have some issues, but I think I'd get it for a low price just to say I played the game that took twelve years to make. :P

Neither IMHO.