what will the beeb bring to Iplayer

A bit of a speculation thread as to what of the present I player we are going to get as for those who haven't used I player before (or at least the desktop version) here what the desktop version can do.

Show downloaded programs

Watch Live TV (warning to you student types you need a TV licence for this or face £1,000 fine)

Listen to Live Radio

However as this is a 360 version will we have a hybrid version of the website and  desktop version.

Will we have the issue of Iplayer linking to unavailable on 360 services like ITV player, or the pay services as the present website does

will we be able to select to download programs to the 360 or a desktop version ?

Will we have to link windows live accounts to existing Iplayer accounts ?

Will favourites work ?

So let the speculation begin as to what this thing will be able to do.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Some classic DR WHO episodes hopefully

so are we getting iplayer on the dash

if so the update was worth it

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

[/quote]

Actual classic or modern ones from earlier series ?

doubt its going to have a full archive of old programes as they are being rented over iTunes for a price particularly vintage Doctor Who Episodes.

I would expect it to have a Iplayer lite app, cant see them allowing full downloads of programmes and probably not live Telly..just streaming of already broadcasted shows from the last 7 days is the most likely, similar to the player you get on the Nintendo Wii

EastEnders obviously.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

[/quote]

Actual classic or modern ones from earlier series ?

[/quote]Actual classic's - doubt it'll happen though

The tom baker days in docotr who now those were good not like the rubbish they make now,

its the same iplayer thats on tvs, bluray players and ps3, no live, just catch up

I rarely watch live tv, if i do it's the football on my sky player. Everything else is catchup.

As long as i can catch up on my merlin or some frozen planet, i'll be happy.

its a nice little bonus to have but with iplayer already on my ipad and virgin media tivo box im not sure im gonna use it on the xbox