What to do with extra Xbox One orders?

So i placed a few preorders for Xbox One's because I want to make sure that I get it on release date (this was back in June).  Should I keep the extra orders and sell the extra consoles on ebay/craigslist or should I cancel them?  I don't really want to have to deal with returning them because it will involve shipping fees/time/hassle.  Advice?  Will I be able to turn a profit selling the two extra consoles I ordered? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Ebay..

Do the right thing and give them to Charity mate.. Did I mention that I run my own Charity?

Mossy you sly fox.

depends how much you want money, if they're sold out near launch sell it on ebay, if you can't be bothered with the extra effort selling them just cancel the order.

Worst case scenario make an Xbox One - Centipede with HDMI passthrough.

Think of it this way, 100 Xbox Ones plugged in all through HDMI passthrough and IR blaster... "XBOX ON!!!!!" *all turn on simultaneously, all the houses around you in neighbourhood you see the lights blink on and off as you steal the entire powergrid*.

I guess I don't mind the extra effort selling them even at a slight profit, just don't want to have to deal with returning them.  I also thought they were already sold out but it seems like several places are taking orders again.

[quote user="ZQQLANDER"]

I guess I don't mind the extra effort selling them even at a slight profit, just don't want to have to deal with returning them.  I also thought they were already sold out but it seems like several places are taking orders again.

[/quote]I have a feeling just like with any other holiday launch, there will be limited quantities available and you'll have people buying the console for over $1000 on Ebay.  It happened with the PS3 (I assume the 360 as well but I saw actual ebay listings for PS3.).  There will always be those people who missed preordering and need to have it right away and is willing to pay top dollar to get it.

Im hoping for a PS4 shortage myself, to make some extra money for buying games for the ONE!  :)

Chances are Xbox will not be available for public sale by the time Xmas comes around, I heard it was a pre order only and if it does.. it will be mid Dec by the time it is...it will sell out fast....I am sure there will be people selling on ebay for way above retail.. especially day one units...

Just checked ebay... people have them up already for $1500 w/ ryse and BF bnundles...    who ever (and there will be) buys them now.. is purely a dumass....

www.ebay.com/.../i.html

@CATigerman-I don't think you will have to worry about a PS4 shortage.  Those things are flying off the shelves.  Anyone else think the X1 will sell out?

I made enough money with the 360 launch to pay for my own console by preordering and selling extras. It depends on how great the demand is this time around, but odds are both consoles will be hard to get for at least a short time, and some people who didn't get their hands on one will suddenly feel they need to do anything to get one.