what part of my xbox is broken?

Hello,

I have an 250gb xbox slim that I purchased 2 years ago. I have noticed some weird occurances before such as, when playing l4d2 online with a friend there were certain houses and trees that had a multicolored checkerboard pattern instead of their normal coloring. I have also noticed that it has taken slightly longer to start up my system and get to the dashboard then it previously did. Nothing to major. Maybe 30 sec to bring it up when it use to take 20sec. Also I have been hearing what sounds like a clicking sound through my tv speakers but I think that is un related as it is coming from the tv speakers when I am at the xbox dashboard and not the xbox itslef.

All that I have basically casr off as random events that mean nothing, but now I am wondering. With my purchase of gta 5 and after installing the install disk to my hdd I have realized some major problems that others seem not to have. When evr I am driving at a high rate of speed I get a lot of pop ins and have even had cars pop in directly in front of me. Last night I had an event which finaaly made me start my journey for a solution. I was getting chased by cops and driving very fast. I came to a bridge that became untextered and then my car sank into the bridge up to the doors. I have also noticed a lot of bodies just dissapearing when ever I turn my back on them.

I am thinking it might be hdd related but I really have no idea. I put in a 8 gb flash drive and removed the hdd from the slim and it started up quicker than it ever had but (with my limited computer knowledge) I am guessing that is because I went from having about 100gb of information on there to having 0. I was unable to dl the install disk of gta and test it out because my 8gb flash drive actually has only 7.56gb.....

What does this sound like? What should I do? Sorry for just throwing symptoms out but I really have no idea about tthis.

Thank you in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ello?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to see this problem your having. I don't know the answer to this but I know people that can. Call 1800-4my-xbox. They will help you fix this issue and get you on your way.

Sorry this didn't help.

What does that number do

Sorry this didn't help.

As in, is that the number to call to send ur xbox off for repairs? Cause I'd rather not spend the $110 on a repair whenever Ican get a brand new xbox, ccontroller,  headset, and 2 games for $100 more

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: I've reformatted my entire 250gb harddrive. It made it a little better. Still get somr pop in whoch friends do no experience. Thinkong of buying a new hdd to test out of that is the problem. Then returning it if not

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Addicted Gmr425,

That sounds like a great next step. Let us know how that HDD works. If it doesn't work, a repair may be the next best step.  

Sorry this didn't help.