What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

Here's my list of the new features/updates i would like to see. #1. Snap skype feature. I know it might be awhile before we get this feature like they said we would but i just know how sick it would be playing games and being able to see your family or friends while playing. #2. Music cd/audio support. See the funny thing is i have over hundreds of digital music in itunes but i can't listen to them on my xb1 so being able to burn my cds to my xb1 like the 360 would be geat. #3. Default eject button for games/movies. I would like to see a eject button on the dashboard for game/movies whenever i need it. #4. Game/App updates in notifications. This would be great when theres an update for a Game/App you could update it before your ready to use it instead of having a friend send you a msg saying wanna play bf4 or ect an when u pop in that game it prompts up for a 6gb update lol and now your waiting on a update watching tv lol instead of playing with your friends. #5. Notifications of what Game/App your favorites are playing. This would be nice cause half of the time i have no clue what my friends are doing unless i check the friends app. #6. Game clip automatic record feature to be disabled on select games of your choice. Say i want bf4 to record my rank ups but i don't want nba 2k14 to record when i make a slam dunk it would be nice to turn this [on/off] with certian games. #7. Upload to more than youtube and onedrive. A feature to upload game clips to facebook,twitter,vine,google+ and ect. #8. More apps. More apps like the 360 has radio,social media,movies,sports ect. Thats it for now but i know i'll come up with more later on. What are some of the features/updates you are looking forward to? Is there anything you can think of that could make our xb1 lives better?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To add one more to my post above #9. Copy & Paste support for IE. Would be very useful.

Here's what I think of your suggestions. ;)

1. This was shown at last year's E3 - boggles my mind that we don't have it yet.

2. I can already listen to my music CDs. Being able to burn them isn't likely - to my knowledge, it's not built in.

3. What's the point if you still have to get up to take the disc out anyways?

4. They already have game update notifications, but it's a little star in the games and apps menu - that works just fine. Also, updates can be set to download while your console is in a low-power state so it's ready to go when you get on.

5. You answered your own question here - use the friends app.

6. I agree.

7. Also agree, but MS will need to get the support of those services for this to happen.

8. Agree yet again, but I wouldn't worry - more will likely come with time.

9. This is something I have personally wanted so, so bad...

Thank You For Your Post ;).

If there is anything you would like to see post about it.

I would like to see line breaks in the OP.

Here's my list of the new features/updates i would like to see. Reply update lol.

#1. Snap skype feature. I know it might be awhile before we get this feature like they said we would but i just know how sick it would be playing games and being able to see your family or friends while playing.

#2. Music cd/audio support. See the funny thing is i have over hundreds of digital music in itunes but i can't listen to them on my xb1 so being able to burn my cds to my xb1's hard drive like the 360 would be great so i can listen and play at the same time.

#3. Default eject button for games/movies. I would like to see a eject button on the dashboard for game/movies whenever i need it.

#4. Game/App updates in notifications. This would be great when theres an update for a Game/App you could update it before you're ready to use it instead of having a friend send you a msg saying wanna play bf4 or ect and when u pop in that game it prompts up for a 6gb update lol and now you're waiting on a update watching tv lol instead of playing with your friends. I'm talking about when youre online a update notification would be nice.

#5. Notifications of what Game/App your favorites are playing. This would be nice so when your friends are playing a multiplayer game you can jump right in.

#6. Game clip automatic record feature to be disabled on select games of your choice. Say i want bf4 to record my rank ups but i don't want nba 2k14 to record when i make a slam dunk it would be nice to turn this [on/off] with certain games.

#7. Upload to more than youtube and onedrive. A feature to upload game clips to facebook,twitter,vine,google+ and etc.

#8. More apps. More apps like the 360 has radio,social media,movies,sports etc.

#9. Copy & Paste Support For IE. Would be very useful

Thats it for now but i know i'll come up with more later on. What are some of the features/updates you are looking forward to? Is there anything you can think of that could make our xb1 lives better?

If you have a harmony remote, there is an eject disc programable function....though it is just as easy to hit eject when you swap discs. Also, I believe the disc automatically re-enters the drive if it is sitting there ejected for a certain amount of time...

#1. Yup agreed

#2. CD's are dead, I know we all have collections but that's 'progress' for you.  There's the problem with iTunes, and why I'm against ALL apple products, you can't actually share the music you've purchased unless within Apples closed system... so your songs are practially worthless on all other platforms.  That said, I agree we should have be allowed to store and play our digital music from our HDD.

#3. Agreed, we need a Kinect Command and a button to do this.

#4. It's already here, if your Xbox is on 'Instant On' mode, all the game and app updates are downloaded automatically (and appear in Queue in My Games and Apps), to be installed when you boot the game / app.

#5. Friends area already does this, you can also set notifications (would help to have it as a snap feature though)

#6. Agreed 100%

#7. Not really, I mean youtube is internet video, Copy/Paste the link to any of the social media sites it comes up instantly, would be a big waste of development time IMO.

#8. Agreed, as it's a new system they all need to start from fresh so i'm sure this will improve vastly over time.

#9. YES YES YES, also would love the ability to use Kinect to enter words into fields (searches, logins etc...)

For me I want AAA type games that use Kinect and cloud processing, and I'm also excited about Xbox entertainment exclusives

My biggest want right now is a Twitter app. And I totally agree on this:

"#2. Music cd/audio support. See the funny thing is i have over hundreds of digital music in itunes but i can't listen to them on my xb1"

Someone else mentioned being able to take screenshots the other day - I think that would be a good idea too.

X-Ray vision with the Kinect...no seriousness, I'm surprised they haven't made games able to use the kinect for taking a pic when you beat someone or pull off a certain play or event to give your friends grief. they did this with the vision camera on the world tour poker back in 2007 and it was great laugh. They need to be more creative with this device that was forced in the box to make it more of a "must have" peripheral.