What is wrong here???

This XBOX 360 is only about 4 months old, every few weeks (today being one of these lucky days) it starts to make this obnoxious Buzzzzzing noise. I called the first time, as it was about a week after I bought this $300 toy and XBOX told me I could send it in. As it turns out, the noise went away while I was on the phone with them They had suggested moving it from a horizontal position to a vertical. CHECK. I've read that other people have had this issue, I find it funny that when I called; I asked XBOX if this was common and they to have never heard of such a buzzing noise. I can describe it as sounding like a loud fan.

Anyway, as my 7 year old and his friend sit here this morning, they also describe to me that the the "X" and "B" have switched functions on thier controllers, AND for whatever reason, we are having issues signing on to LIVE with our gamertag. "error" messages are popping up.

What is wrong here? I am so irritated with having paid SO much money for something, the accessories and games continue to cost, and I have had to call XBOX at least once or twice a month for issues with it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Why does it not occur to people to either return the console to the retailer (when it is still within the return/exchange period) and/or contact MS for a repair? If you had sent it in for repair the first time you contacted support you wouldn't be having any issue with your console right now.

I recommend you contact support either by phone or here online and set up a repair order. The sooner you do that the sooner you get it back and get back online to gaming.

By the way, did you happen to buy the console USED? Or brand new?

While the console and accessories may have cost quite a bit of money there is a solution for the games. Instead of buying every game that comes out or that you want to play why not simply rent them? Then if you really like it buy it. In the US we have Game Fly, it starts out at $8/month (depending on the type of membership you want).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.