What is with random name SafeDoor2201880

Yesterday I did clean install of windows8, and when connected for the first time in ''games'' I did get this random gamer tag ''SafeDoor2201880'', to be worse, I do have another account (volta021) that is connected to the Xboxlive, but there is no option  to log in with another account (tnx to  retarded metrocrap rich options).

And when i do try to change this name (on website) it gets me on a page that says:
Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.
-------------------------------------------------------

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

date: 11/11/2012 00:14:23
code: EEEEEEEE80153039   
s:   miOYCRld4q38ctNP1LYpvA==
id:  e282c41a-29f7-468a-a712-8fe133b239b6
req: 43687ec3-300e-46f6-941d-8cd219b27ef0    

So is there a way to change this....       

Thanks in advance!                                              

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

i have the same prob but mine was even worst than yours, i never got a good answer dude so as usual microsoft support is aint helping and with no good answer as usual i am selling my xbox and getting the ps4 and for the windows 8 i will recomend put that OS into the trash can, get linux it changed my life and i beat it will changer yours man good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You're welcome!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, adding another (dummy) user just to get normal log-in in game app, ain't gonna work for me because I don't want to change between accounts frequently.

But, the topic discussion link you provided is what I needed, because people have the same issue as I do.

Tnx.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, I did find some info from http://answers.microsoft.com that may be of some use to you. Good luck!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-gaming/why-can-i-not-link-my-xbox-live-account-to-the/6fafc51e-e2a1-4a7d-9ce9-bf6127294be2

Sign in to your PC using a different Microsoft account

1. On your PC, select the Settings charm.
  2. Select Change PC settings.
  3. Select Users.
  4. Under Other users, select an account.

If needed, select Add a user and enter the email address and password for the Microsoft account you want to use.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. ?

2. I tryed IE10 (like I said before->clean instal win8), and with firefox 16.0.2 and the same error occurred.

3. I wanted to log-in (games ) with  log/pass (account) that differs from win8  log/pass -> but that is impossible because everything(that is connected with winlive) must be same account as win8 account, that sucks.

So I said ok, I'll make/get another fresh account, but then I got random name that I cant modify.

And no, I cannot change gamer tag because of that glitch.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. We know the computer who assigns those random names has been working too hard for too long, and really needs to take a vacation.

2. That 'glitch in the system' error often happens when you use an old version of IE (before 7) or another browser besides IE8/9/10 or Safari  (especially Chrome) - can you please see if the 'glitch in the system' occurs when using a modern version of IE or Safari?

3. You can change the gamertag you don't like. Folks with new accounts get one free change; changes after the first one cost 800 MS Points.  However, is it that you wanted a gamertag/account you had before? Then you might have entered a different email address when you installed Win-VIII.

Sorry this didn't help.